Author Topic: anyone have a tamer 410  (Read 922 times)

Offline gould

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
anyone have a tamer 410
« on: December 11, 2006, 10:39:25 AM »
I am going to get one next week. Woundering if anyone has any experiance with them? They look really cool and I love 410's.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: anyone have a tamer 410
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 12:34:34 PM »
NOT YET!!!   Maybe the next one will be a Tamer.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline kid_couteau

• Trade Count: (26)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 12:43:25 PM »
I have one

Real nice

Havent shot it yet but I like it

Kid

Offline Topper

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 01:20:35 PM »
I bought one over two years ago.  Put studs, swivels and a sling on it.  It stays in the back of the wagon.  I carry it when I go scouting, placing stands, hiking or just knocking around in the woods.  I keep #6 shot and a few slugs in the stock and in the loops on the sling.  So far it’s taken a couple of squirrels and punches a decent group in a paper plate at 30-40 paces with slugs.  Look for the Tamer with the high post bead sight.  The short post sight tends too make you shoot higher than your aim point.  The higher post tends to bring you more closely on target.  Mines been muddied up, rained on and doesn’t get cleaned as often as it should, its worked fine so far.

Offline gould

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 01:28:55 PM »
I am going to order one tonight so I can have it for the weekend. I think it will be great to carry snow shoeing. How did you mount swivel studs in your tamer? That would be real nice.

Offline gould

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »
Well I got my Tamer and shot it today in the pit. After the first shot I must have spooked a tree rat so I had to go after him. Second shot down he came I really like it but I am going to get the new 20 ga. Tamer for them.

Offline MTGlass

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 11:54:25 AM »
I gave my Dad one in .410 several years ago for shooting halibut before boating them.  They tend to trash everything in the boat if they're brought on board alive.

He likes it, but has switched to slugs for halibut.
Cordially,

MTGlass

Card Carrying Armed American Citizen

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 02:44:41 PM »
I got mine on New Year's Day.  Hope to get out with it this weekend.
cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline gould

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 09:43:44 AM »
You will love it. I carry mine every where. I even put a sling on it wish all guns carryed this nice.
Jason

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 11:52:03 AM »
One thing I did notice.  It seems a little awkward to completely release the pistol grip in order to open the action.  Is that something you just "Get Used To" after a little shooting.  On a standard stock, I don't have to completely release my grip to open the action.  Just shift my thumb a bit and hit the button. 
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline gould

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »
Ya you will get used to it. I think of it as practic for the 20ga. Tamer.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 02:27:50 PM »
Cookieman, I know what you mean about the stock feeling awkward thats why my survivor truck gun has a regular synthetic stock.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 04:37:35 PM »
I guess I will just have to shoot a lot and get a routine down.  That's really gonna suck "I have to shoot it a lot" LOL
Hey, can ya get Survivor forend screws from H&R?  How much?

cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 04:49:41 PM »
I also need a Survivor foreram attachment screw however I need one in the old thread pitch. I have checked the FAQ's and found the newer barrels use a 1/4x20x1/2" flat head machine screw for a forearm screw. Does anyone know what the old thread pitch was  for forend screws? I think I heard you could order them from Choate and also that when you buy a new Survivor "storearm Forearm" from them they sent you one of each thread pitch, if so does anyone out there have an old thread pitch survivor forearm screw they might have gotten from Choate they might be willing to part with if they do not need it?  I need  it to cobble together my made from parts .410 Survivor, although it admittedly is a stopgap one until I can assemble to proper parts, a newer .410 barrel than the old Model 088 barrel I am now using. Thanks to a member here I may have another .410 barrel near the end of the month (Thanks) that should solve the odd thread problem for a while but I will still need a survivor forearm screw with the old thread...Thanks....<><.... ;D
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline FOX22250

• Fair winds and good shooting.....
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 07:57:52 AM »
no tammer but i got the topper and i love it  also have it in 20 and 12ga they are great too
Theirs nothing in Heaven to test my metal so just send me to hell to hunt the Devil...........
ENCORE 22-250 BSA 6x18 - 40
NEF 223 BUSHNELL 3x12 - 44

Offline SSS

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »
no tammer but i got the topper and i love it  also have it in 20 and 12ga they are great too

A single shot 410 is one of those quintessential American firearms IMO.  Just like a lever 30-30 or a bolt 30-06.  It's one of those guns that is universally American no matter what part of the country that your in.