Author Topic: Clubs in N.E. Texas  (Read 768 times)

Offline GAWI

• Trade Count: (0)
Clubs in N.E. Texas
« on: October 01, 2006, 01:09:42 AM »
Looking for like minded people in ne texas to discuss and shoot cannons. Is this the right place. Have 1/2 scale napoleon barrel so far.Was in hurry so welded carraige together, and that s what it looks like. Will build correct one now and scrap other. Thansk, Gary

Offline Powder keg

• GBO Sponsor
  • GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Re: Clubs in N.E. Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 03:24:56 AM »
Pictures, Man!!!  Pictures? Oh yea, Welcome to the group!

Wes
Wesley P.
"Powder Keg"
Custom Machine work done reasonable. I have a small machine shop and foundry. Please let me build your stuff. I just added Metal etching to my capabilities. I specialize in custom jobs.
"When the gun is lost, All is lost"

Offline Randy Buie

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 05:59:36 AM »
Gary,

I'm in the same boat as you are, pardner... only in the DFW area. I'm an avid collector of cannons of all types (mostly display antique and carbide/acetylene shooters) and bought my first few BP cannons during the last few months. Nothing fired yet.

Like you, I also want to find a club with an experienced veteran that will keep me from blowing my head off. Much to learn about this. I did heed Double D's advice and ordered the book he suggested this morning.

I suspect I'll try to find a local hobby shop and go from there. With so many red-necks like me in Texas... there's bound to be a local BP cannon group somewhere. Let me know what you find, and I'll reciprocate. If you look at the "New From Dallas" string, you will find some more information.

Regards...

... Randy

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 02:11:52 AM »
Looking for like minded people in ne texas to discuss and shoot cannons. Is this the right place. Have 1/2 scale napoleon barrel so far.Was in hurry so welded carraige together, and that s what it looks like. Will build correct one now and scrap other. Thansk, Gary

GARY - WELCOME!  Sorry for it being so late in getting to respond to you (been on the road - Colorado - business trip)

There are a LOT of good folks here - toss out a question & you'll get the royal treatment - lots of good discussion.

Better yet - post a picture.

Looking forward to seeing what y'all shoot!
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline GAWI

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 06:12:20 PM »
Ordered the right plans today. Now just waiting. How about metal hardware for 1/2 scale, or will i need to fab that myself? Thanks, Gary

Offline GAWI

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 07:55:20 AM »
Has anyone else in NE texas shown up? Within 2hrs of Bowie Co? Looking to get group together in this area. Ok, Ar, La, Tx.? Trying to get picture of what i put together on here. Dont laugh when you see it. Am planing to make wood carriage this summer. Gary

Offline Don Krag

• Contributor
    • KragAxe Armoury
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 08:09:03 AM »
There's a couple of us down in Bryan, TX. (about 3 hrs south of DFW)

We need a good friend with a really large field. :)
Don "Krag" Halter
www.kragaxe.com