Author Topic: hunting in ohio  (Read 713 times)

Offline highwayman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
hunting in ohio
« on: January 20, 2007, 07:57:11 AM »
i just came home from kent,ohio. I asked my girlfriends brother if they hunt he said no there not much left to hunt around here. every day i seen something wild.what is the hunting like around there?

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Re: hunting in ohio
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 10:19:12 AM »
Don't know about Kent, but we hunt in Steubenville/Jefferson/Harrison Co. area not too far away and there are plenty of deer here and turkeys are all over too.  Just started coyote hunting so we will see how that goes.  Kent may get a lot of people from the northern counties down to hunt that area so that would affect the number of deer seen, etc. I used to hunt rabbits and grouse here but those numbers are definitely down, I think from predation- hawks, coyotes, etc.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 11:33:06 AM »
Same thing in my part of the state( NW )  not nearly as many bunnies or game birds , but the Hawks and fox and yote numbers are way up . We are starting to get some farrel hogs also and the deer are increasing in numbers every year .

Up here due to dwindling habit the small game have no were to live , ever since the farmers started to remove fence rows the bunnies have been disapering along with the quail . even the tree rat numbers are down as they have moved into towns .
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline highwayman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 02:49:31 PM »
when we would ride around, we would see deer crossing sings in town alot. it just seems strange that there is nothing to hunt but warnings everywhere