Author Topic: Disease claims another  (Read 752 times)

Offline joshco84

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Disease claims another
« on: January 19, 2007, 12:49:45 PM »
Well guys i broke down and went to sportsman's warehouse and bought my first handi.  Im sitting here grinning like a cat because i know that there will be another one probably in the not too far future (tax return money hahahahaha).  Bought the handi in 204 with a pentax gameseeker 4x12x40 with medium burris signature zee rings.  these components were all made for each other.  it is a sweet gun.  hopefully i will get to clean all the gunk out of it this weekend and get to shoot it next week.  now if i only had a bigger liiving room so i could sight it in. 

also the prices were:

Handi rifle in 204 ruger ----  219
Pentax gameseeker 4x12x40 --- 129
Burris signature zee rings medium height --- 18.99
Winchester silver box ammo 14.99
Total price ----  415

lots of dead coyotes --- priceless  ;D ;D ;D

so not too bad for a whole new setup  if you ask me

Smells like country, Tastes like rock and roll...... Want to find out more??? www.crosscanadianragweed.com  The all time greatest band ever.

Offline cascadedad

• Contributor
Re: Disease claims another
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 12:56:11 PM »
Don't forget the rubber o-ring, that'll cost ya a few more dimes.   ;D

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 01:09:06 PM »
Congrats, another sportsman is smitten by Handiholicitis!! ;D

On the Burris rings, did you get Signature Zees or regular Zees for $18.99? If you got Signatures with the poly inserts, you got one heck of a great buy, they're $30 and up unless they're on sale at Midway for $25, my local SW doesn't carry the Sig Zees, just the Zees.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »
Mine didn't need the o ring, of course it had the Varmit stock and forend. You made a good buy............enjoy. Get 14 more and you'll catch me. They're some on this forum you'll never catch, but I won't name  names.................. ;D

Offline ken2222

• Trade Count: (23)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 01:23:11 PM »
OH OH...I too STARTED with the .204  ...I thought 1'd just try ONE out cuzz I wanted to shoot the .204. Took about three rounds...the grin on my face, well my ears were in my mouth! That was day after Thanksgiving....since that time, well I'm not even going to tell you what I've done! Be careful! My suggestion is....don't ever chamber that first round. There, you've been warned ;D  Ken

Offline buckslugger

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 01:32:03 PM »
i STARTED BY BUYING MY SON A YOUTH 7MM08 WICH UNFORTUNATLY HE SAID WAS TOO MUCH RECOIL (GOSH DARN HEHEHE)
THEN A USED TOPPER 20 GUAGE, NOW IM GETTING A REAMER SENT FOR MY 357 BARREL TO REAM TO MAX, LOOKED AT A ULTRALITE HANDI TODAY AT GANDER MTN,WANT ANOTHER FRAME ,SO ILL HAVE TO JUST BUY A COMPLETE GUN ,THEN A FORTY FIVE SEVENTY BARREL, ALSO LIKE TO GET A 223 TO COMPLIMENT SHORTY AR, ALSO LIKE A...

ROY (HEHEHEHE)
live life large

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 01:51:14 PM »

Sure a bunch more Handi-holics in the making, ain't that the truth?
 all you with 357 mags boring them to Maxies will be Happy as a
 duck in the pond. Marv.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 02:55:39 PM »

I'm not even going to tell you what I've done!

I know :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 04:05:39 AM »
Yup. you've got it now.It started slow for me when I bought my son a 20 gage,it was nice but i still had my pump gun.A period of time went buy and I wanted to shoot more with a rifle but didn't want to spend a whole lot of money.So I bought myself an Ultra in 223 .WOW what a sweet set up.Gee, I'ed like a slug barrel for that nice little 20.  OH !  Now I sure need a 45-70.     I think I'll try reloading for these ,so I can shoot more. OK now I,ve got a small bore and a big bore but empty in the middle. HMMMM , need a 30-30 to fill in the gap. Now.I can try loading spitzer type bullets,  and see what they'll do. .....Have to expand the loading bench some.....Everyone seems to be talking about the 280 , HMMMMMMM
  It's going to get you too    you'll see      but if you've got to catch a sickness, I can't think of one I'ed rather have.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline joshco84

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 11:49:06 AM »
yes flint its one of those you dont mind catching.  kind of like getting the flu is almost worth it to get a day or two off  work.
Smells like country, Tastes like rock and roll...... Want to find out more??? www.crosscanadianragweed.com  The all time greatest band ever.

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 12:01:53 PM »
A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work............... I'm allowed to say that, ;D now that I've retired.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"