Author Topic: Looking for ballistic cast bullet mold  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Selmer

• Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
Looking for ballistic cast bullet mold
« on: November 29, 2006, 02:18:32 PM »
I'm looking for the place to buy a Ballistic Cast bullet mold in .452 LFNGC 320 gr.  I tried to find this company on the web and I couldn't locate it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Selmer
"Next to the glory of God, music deserves the highest praise"-Martin Luther
Any homo sapien with the proper chromosomes can be labeled a father, but it takes a man to be called "Daddy"-unknown

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Looking for ballistic cast bullet mold
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 06:40:02 PM »
I think they went out of business (if so it's a good riddance too). If not then for sure they changed hands and are no longer the same as when I had my bad experience with them over charging me and then shipping a junk mould on top of that.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 10:13:05 PM »
sorry Bill but there still going strong. Web sight is http://ballisti-cast.com/Bullet%20Designs.htm. Bill you need to give them another try. YOur missing out on probably the finest molds made! I know they stiffed you bad once and its hard to fogive but what the hell your even shooting rugers now!
blue lives matter

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 02:19:26 AM »
Actually I own no Rugers at this time. I turned loose of ALL of them again. I won't say NEVER as that has a way of coming back to bite me in the butt but it's doubtful I'll own another Ruger. No way tho that I'd ever trust Ballisticast again after the treatment I got from them. I might as well take the money down to my pond and feed it to the fish.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Selmer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 02:44:09 AM »
I know as much about bullet moulds as I do about neurosurgery, but I love the 320 gr. .452 lfngc that Lloyd has cast for me in the past, and in the future I'd like to mold my own, so I want that mold from ballistic cast!
Selmer
Any homo sapien with the proper chromosomes can be labeled a father, but it takes a man to be called "Daddy"-unknown

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 07:28:38 AM »
I certainly do understand the logic in that stance. I hope you find them more honest than I did and that the quality is better than it was on mine. But why not consider getting it from the originator of the design Veral Smith of LBT.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Selmer

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 07:39:47 AM »
I wasn't aware of the original designer, maybe I'll contact him.  I'm looking at a few years down the road before I start molding (I have to finish seminary first!) so this is a little future planning.
Selmer

Offline LAH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 02:57:27 PM »
Bill when Ballisti Cast was owned by the guy (won't give his name) in Plaza I wasn't exactly happy with their stuff but the new owner has made me some of the best moulds I've used, period, and has always been on time every time. Course it's been 'bout 2 years since I did business with them.........Creeker
Joshua 1:9

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 12:47:23 AM »
just got a couple from them about 6 months ago and even though one of them was a custom mold that they helped me design it only took about a month to get it and the quality was first rate.
blue lives matter

Offline Turk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 01:19:52 AM »
I have 9 different cal/styles of 4 cavity Ballisti-cast molds.  They are excellent quality and the bullets they drop are the same.  I personally like steel molds over alumimum.  I recommend this company highly.

Turk

In God I trust all others bring data.
If you know you're going to a gunfight take a rifle.
Life Member 1/50th Infantry Association (Vietnam)
Member of the 173rd Airborne Association
Life member NRA & ORPA