Author Topic: Barska vs Leatherwood  (Read 559 times)

Offline Bob_VT

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Barska vs Leatherwood
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:54:51 PM »
Yes I know they are both fairly cheap scopes....

Going to use on a .308 (and maybe on my 223 out to 600 yards)

any opinions....

experience???

Thanks in advance,
Bob
My other passion is Boating!! http://forums.iboats.com/index.php?referrerid=1642 Find me there with the same ID.

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Barska vs Leatherwood
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:10:53 PM »
I know that Leatherwood use to make decent scopes for the millitary but I think they are a different company now.  I think most of the scopes they make now come from China.  If you are going to spend more than $50 on any of these, do yourself a favor and buy a Bushnell Banner.  It is around the same price and is 12x the scope any of the ones you listed are.  It doesn't cost much more either.  I hunt cheap and I don't think you have to have a $500 scope just to get into the field.  The Bushnell banner series is about the best cheap scope out there for the money.  If you buy either  of the ones you listed, you will end up replacing it anyway.  In short, buy a Banner and never have to buy another again.

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
Re: Barska vs Leatherwood
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
Which model of the Leatherwood are you looking at?  I've looked at a couple of Barska's and wasn't too impressed.  It's hard to beat the Bushnell Banner or the Trophy if you have $100 or less to spend.