Author Topic: Scope adjustments  (Read 456 times)

Offline Qaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Scope adjustments
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:50:09 AM »
 I have been shooting Ground Hogs at 200-300 yards last year and will be trying to step it out to 300-500 yards this year. Is there a formula to figure how many more clicks to add or subtract from your zero to to get on target? For example zero is 200yd and target pops up at 500yd.

Thanks for any help
Qaz

Offline KN

Re: Scope adjustments
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:55:21 AM »
If your scope is set up with 1/4" clicks, then 4 clicks is an inch at 100yds. two clicks is an inch at 200yds. One click is an inch at 400yds. Of course bullet trajectory plays havic with this when you are trying to be exact but you get the idea. Personally I don't change scope settings in the field. When my distances increase I simply hold over whatever I figure it should be and go from there. If you start adjusting POI out in the field you will probably end up not knowing where you are at before long.Unless you are using a realy high end scope.   KN

Offline Qaz

• Contributor
Re: Scope adjustments
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 02:26:12 AM »
 Thanks for the resonse KN. I know how many clicks for 100, 200, 400. You are right, it is not simple and bullet trajectory plays with it alot. I had the formula at one time and it works great on a sticky taped to the gun. What I did was set the scope for a 100yd zero and then zeroed the elevation turret to zero. Then all I needed to do was read the range finder and dial in the right number of clicks and pull the trigger. The bullet hit the right place the first time, no guesses.

Qaz