Author Topic: Use of Accurate # 9  (Read 593 times)

Offline Darrell Davis

• Trade Count: (0)
Use of Accurate # 9
« on: May 04, 2003, 01:04:13 PM »
New to the forum, but have been reading it for awhile so have a question for all you ol'timers.

Why am I seeing so little about the use of AA #9? What do you know that I don't, or is everyone just set in their ways an stuck in a rut?

I have used this powder for a number of years, and have found it to be very good, the equal and in some cases the better of the old stand bys.

Presently using it in a SRH at a rate of 19gr. behind a 310gr. gas checked LBT

This powder shows up good on the Chrony and with a BH Hunter and a 2X scope shot me some groups at 100yds. that no one would believe if there had not been a couple of witnesses standing by.

Hope no one knows anything bad, as I do have a bit of #9 on hand with no plans to change.
300 Winmag

Offline Duffy

• A Real Regular
Use of Accurate # 9
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 07:41:43 PM »
I use it in my 357 with a 160 LBT LFN. Beings it's a 4" bbl the #9 is a touch faster than H110 and works better. Eliminates the "flamethrower" affect with the short bbl. I use it on the lighter bullets in my 44 and 454 too. Only problem I've had was a failure to ignite on a starting load, lodged the bullet about a inch and a half up the bbl and packed the powder in behind it.

Offline Majic

Use of Accurate # 9
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 07:49:15 AM »
I have used it in .41mag behind a 250gr cast bullet.