Author Topic: pentax,burris,or sightron?  (Read 760 times)

Offline cottonpicker

• Trade Count: (0)
pentax,burris,or sightron?
« on: January 29, 2007, 01:57:57 PM »
i am currently in the market for a new scope,and am torn between the fullfield2,the pentax gameseeker,and the sightron 2,any advice on which one may be the best buy for the buck. i have found all of them for 200.22 dollars,except the gameseeker,which is 99.00 dollars,the pentax whitetail unlimited is also around two hundred.

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
Re: pentax,burris,or sightron?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 03:27:17 PM »
I like the burris. durible,bright, Lifetime warrenty. I have a sightron I got from a trade. Looks good. I just dont know much about them. It s a sightron S2 3x12-42 mill- dot New without box. if youre interested.
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline bigjeepman

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 02:14:39 AM »
I have had two Sightron scopes for several years now ... both SII. I have no complaints and certainly no problems. I stopped by a gunshop that sells these scopes and ask him if I ever have a problem with one, what should I do? He told me to bring it to him as they still have an over-the-counter warranty for life. That sounds real good as I didn't even know the man. I'm not expecting to need that kind of service as they are well made in my opinion.

I do not have any experience with your other two options.
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:15:08 AM »
At one time Burris made scopes for Pentax.  I think the Gameseeker is made in China so it is not Burris.  I maybe wrong on that one.  I've heard of many people getting very poor customer service from Burris.  That alone would make me shy away from them.  I would probably go with Sightron.   They have the best warranty and are great optics.

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 09:38:18 AM »
I've heard the same problems with Burris scopes regarding service, but I have no firsthand experience with their service.  I've owned several, and would own more.  I have a sightron that I love, I always look to that line as one of my first choices.  I've read a lot of mixed reviews on the Gameseeker, they are made in China, NOT by Burris.  The price point looks good, and they have a warranty for life.  But they aren't in the same class as the Burris and the Sightron.  I would compare the Gameseeker to the Bushnell Trophy/Banner/Legend series of scopes or to the upper level Simmons in that price area.  For $200 I would look at the Sightron, Weaver Classics, and Bushnell Elite 3200 scopes.  Are you looking for a fixed power or a variable?

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 09:39:07 AM »
Oh yeah, don't forget the Nikon Buckmasters too............

Offline cottonpicker

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 01:08:43 PM »
thanx for all the replies,i am pretty sure ill be going with the sightron.every thing ive heard about them seems to be first class,now,to decide on which rifle to put on it,will probobly be a howa lightningin .308. i think the howa and sightron will be a top notch duo.thanx again