Author Topic: Another mountain lion attack  (Read 1453 times)

Offline crow_feather

• Trade Count: (0)
Another mountain lion attack
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:02:48 PM »
SAN FRANCISCO - A Northern California hiker attacked by a mountain lion last week is expected to be airlifted Sunday to a bigger hospital in San Francisco after his condition took turn for the worse this weekend.

A spokesman for Mad River Community Hospital in Arcata said Jim Hamm was rushed into emergency surgery Saturday night, and doctors downgraded him from fair to serious condition. He was back in the intensive care unit on Sunday morning but is awaiting an airlift to San Francisco.

Hospital spokesman Tom Ayotte said relatives requested that more details of Hamm’s condition not be released.
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline Siskiyou

Re: Another mountain lion attack
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 07:18:55 PM »
A little bit more on the story.  Fish & Game killed two cats one of which had human blood on it.  Interesting note in newspaper article the hiking couple had discussed a plan if they happen to be attacked.  The plan worked.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 11:25:20 AM »
Link to a good story on the Lion attack.  "I knew it was going to kill him"

http://www.times-standard.com/local/ci_5092661
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline tuck2

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 10:36:58 PM »
Never go walking in the woods without a hand gun and hunting knife.

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 07:34:00 AM »
Whut Tuck sed.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 02:41:57 PM »
Siskiyou

When I lived in California, the closest I ever got to seeing a mountain lion was seeing a tail disappear in the brush.  Now two Fish and game wardens just go out and pop a couple.  They use dogs? Did they bait?  There has to be more than two guys walking into the brush, one nudges the other and says"there they are, shoot em".

C F
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline alcmaeon

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 09:35:11 AM »
Well, the guy was in a CA state park-- no gun allowed unless you hace a ccw which is like getting hen teeth around here.  A knife would have been ok.  Maybe.  Can't hunt CA lions, numbers are going up, but they have more rights than humans it seems.  There was one IN the city of PAlo Alto which is as suburban as you get about 3 years ago.  The local cops shot it and of course there was a huge outcry against the dirty lion killing cop.  I stick to BLM and Forest service land for my hiking.  Keep a pig tag  on me and the 44 is legal with no way to question me.  Maybe we need to teach the lions the Peta crowd taste better?