Author Topic: New (to me) 12ga. toy  (Read 732 times)

Offline TX-Hunter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
    • Wildcat Outdoors
New (to me) 12ga. toy
« on: February 02, 2007, 07:10:28 AM »
I got the receiver and stocks a few years ago in a trade.  The date code puts it at 1979 manufacture.  This barrel is off a 1984 receiver.  I chopped it to 18.5".   Put the stock shell holder on it.  The receiver was painted with some sorta paint.  I guess that is how they used to do it.  I scraped all that off and browned it with mustard.  I may blue it sometime in the future.  It will be my truck/atv gun.  I plan to get a .22LR adapter.  We'll see how that works.

God prefers spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: New (to me) 12ga. toy
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:45:18 AM »
Looks like a great new toy TX-Hunter. That is part of what these guns are about, fun and enjoying yourself through self expression...Congratulations on your "creation", it looks and sounds as if you are going to have fun with it....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline db22

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 02:31:54 PM »
TX Hunter -- explain the .22LR adapter! Sounds like a neat invention. Where can I get one?
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 06:10:22 AM »
Yeah, DIDDO,  I was wonderin' about that, too.  I like your set up.  I have got to get busy and get mine done so I can quit OGGLING everyone else's. ;D ;D

cookiemann

I actually want to have 3.  410,20ga,12ga  Maybe 16ga, too.  This is in addiction to my Tamer's.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 08:42:44 AM »
TX Hunter -- explain the .22LR adapter! Sounds like a neat invention. Where can I get one?

Probably these, or something similar.

http://www.mcace.com/shotguninserts.htm
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline TX-Hunter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
    • Wildcat Outdoors
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 12:24:02 PM »

Probably these, or something similar.

http://www.mcace.com/shotguninserts.htm

yep, that's the one.  any body ever used one?
God prefers spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.