Author Topic: Pardner shotgun barrel changing ?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Pardner shotgun barrel changing ?
« on: February 03, 2007, 08:45:54 AM »
I've had a 12 guage single shot NEF Pardner sitting in my gun safe for ten years. I pulled it out recently and realized how light and easy to handle it is compared to my 11-87, and since I shoot T\C's 98% of the time, the single shot doesn't bother me.

Now, I'm well aware of the T\C's and changing barrels and such, but these NEF's I'm a babe in the woods. I can see a hinge pin on the shotgun, but I don't see how you can eaisly change a barrel, unless you take a hammer and drift and start whackin on that hinge pin....but somehow that doesn't seem right.

And, where do you get....and can you get another guage shotgun barrel? Now, the one I have is an SB1, and I do understand that I should not attempt to put a rifle barrel on this as it is not case hardened to take the pressures of a rifle case. But, I would like to perhaps put a 28 guage barrel on this for my wife to shoot clay birds with.

Thanks.

Dave.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Pardner shotgun barrel changing ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 09:23:16 AM »
Dave,

All you need to do is....take a Phillips head screwdriver and remove the screw in the forend....then pull the forend off....then grasp the barrel in one hand, the wrist of the stock in the other....then depress the barrel latch....while holding the barrel, roll it forward and off the hinge pin. Just make sure you are hanging on to the barrel, it will roll right off the frame once the forend is removed and the barrel latch is depressed. Reverse the procedure for installing the barrel. You can actually change barrels in less than a minute.

You can send in your receiver to H&R/NEF for additional barrels in their barrel program. Some of us buy used barrels and fit them ourselves. Some lock right up, others might need a little tweeking.

Read this, it will answer your barrel questions.
http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.aspx
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »
Thanks.....that answers a bunch! ;D

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 02:43:21 PM »
You can put any of the shotgun barrels on the same frame except for the 10 gauge.  The 10 gauge frame is bigger and will not work with the other barrels.  You can also put the shotgun barrels on the rifle receiver (SB2).  I have a 12 gauge barrel on my 30-30 frame now and it works great.