Author Topic: 1917 Trigger  (Read 999 times)

Offline seafox

• Trade Count: (0)
1917 Trigger
« on: January 13, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »
I have a sporterized U.S. 1917 Eddystone Enfield, 30/06 caliber. It shoots pretty well but the trigger is terrible. Has anyone replaced the original trigger with a Timney? If you have, did the Timney trigger come with understandable instructions? What was the model number of the Timney and how hard was the replacement proceedure? How good was the replacement trigger?
Thanks

Offline Lost Okie

• Avid Poster
Re: 1917 Trigger
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 12:56:12 PM »
Have two 1917's that are modified.  the 35 Whelen has a timney, try Brownells, or Midway if thats the way you want to go.  You will have to remove a little wood for it to fit.
My 06 still has original trigger but I am looking at a replacement from http://www.huberconcepts.com/
I did not install the Timney.  I did install one in my Swedish Mauser.  Could not get it just right so I paid the local gunsmith $50 to install.  Have not tried the Huber Concepts trigger, if they are as good as they say, cost would be a few dollars less plus less hassel.  Hope that helps you.

Offline Stan in SC

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 01:15:39 PM »
On a Mosin the Huber is a drop in.I put one on a Mosin 91/59 and it's fantastic.Worth twice the price.

Stan
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70..it's almost a religion.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »
As I recall there are two Timney Triggers for the 1917s, depending on whether the magazine floor plate has been flattened or has retained its original shape.  If it retains its original shape the magazine holds 5 rounds.  If it has been flattened the magazine holds 6 rounds, and there is a Timney for each, I believe. 

The Timney is a good trigger but I have Bold Triggers and can't trell the difference twixt the two. 

The replacement is better than the original and the instructions are straightforward.  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline Lost Okie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 12:41:25 PM »
SeaFox, after reading the posts on the Huber trigger from Mikey I ordered one for my 1917.  It was a little more than a drop in but overall, a lot easier than installing the Timney on my 96 Swede. 

Stock had to have approx 1/4 inch filed out for trigger to fit.  Trigger itself adjusted per instructions but the pin that fits inside the spring was too long and stopped my bolt.  After several strokes on a rough stone, checking and repeating the process three times, its good to go.  Have approx 1/8 inch creep that I did not get out but the trigger pull is a lot better.  Will adjust it some more after taking it to the range for tests.  Definately worth the money.  Installation took approximately 45 minutes and I could not have done it without the watchful eye of my Airdale (who was stealing parts).

Offline Kragman71

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 09:09:37 AM »
I recently installed the Huber trigger on my Springfield Krag.
It was a 'drop in'.
I also like theguy's attitude.I have had a medical setback and am somewhat weak in handsrength.I had a pproblem adjusting the setscrew,and asked him for help via emai.
His response was prompt,and he explainedthat it was tight because it had nyoninseerts;not loctite.
I'm happy as a clam with the trigger.
Frank
Frank