Author Topic: 10 GA  (Read 527 times)

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
10 GA
« on: February 14, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »
hi all i am wondering if this is a good deal i saw a 10 ga nef 3 1/2 in chamber 28" full choked barrel painted camo for $100 i was thinking about calling about it to see what kind of shape it is in and if they would take less possibly just curious about what you all thought

Terry

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: 10 GA
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 05:14:26 PM »
If you have a use for it, if it's decent condition and you can get it for somewhere between $75 and $100 out the door I'd say it was a good deal...The question is do you need it? or at least want it?....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 05:39:18 PM »
don't really need it but maybe want mostly to cut barrel shorter and use for home protection and it is a private seller  so may be able to get cheaper will wait and see if it shows up for sale if it doesn't sell quicly i may be able to get it at real good price thanks

Terry 

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 02:50:42 AM »
Home protection!!! Have you considered a 12, 16, 20, or 28 gauge, or even a .410?  whoa, a cut down 10 gauge in a house, can you hear me now??? Beltone could not fix those broken ears. There must be something better than a short barrelled 10 gauge, almost anything for that matter. Will your wife have to shoot this if it is needed you are not around? What a woman!!! Good luck and be sure to lets us know what happens, especially if you cut it down and shoot it....<><.... :o :'(
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 01:48:35 PM »
It's a decnt deal if the gun is in good shape. I'm with MSP on using it for home protection though. I guess it would be intimidating looking at the big old 10ga from the bad guy's view. It might be nice to have sitting accross your lap when you meet a teen age daughters boyfriend.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 11:13:13 PM »
 :)Illhunter, I would buy that ten just to play with, but if you decide to change barrels, only another NEF 10 ga or the ultra 12 ga. slug barrel will fit-but that's not so bad, is it? Hunman55