Author Topic: An island of rationality in a sea of stupidity  (Read 408 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
An island of rationality in a sea of stupidity
« on: February 26, 2007, 03:16:36 PM »
SILVER ANNIVERSARY OF CITY'S MANDATORY FIREARM LAW . . . In the face of gun-control legislation from various levels of government, a very different law -- one that requires that every head of household must own a firearm and appropriate ammunition -- is about to reach the milestone of having been on the legislative books of Kennesaw, Ga., for 25 years, reports The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The city has grown since the law's passage, and it is making efforts to attract more businesses and residents, and the mayor says the law doesn't conflict with those aspirations. "We're not looking to change [the law]," he said. "I think it helps to deter crime."

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline jpsmith1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: An island of rationality in a sea of stupidity
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 02:15:02 AM »
I love that law.  What I wonder is, how many secret lawbreakers are there in the city?  How many people believe strongly enough in gun control that they are willing to risk prosecution?  How many moved when the law was passed?

As with other gun laws, how much enforcement does this one get?
Searching for the perfect left handed revolver.....

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: An island of rationality in a sea of stupidity
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 03:49:31 AM »
They admitted when they passed it that they were not going to enforce it. It was passed in defience to Finestein's ban on hand guns in San Francisco. You know, one of those thing's she got caught with in city hall, AFTER SHE GOT THE LAW IN! At about the same time as suburb of Chicago made a similar law, I forget the name of the town but I heard it has since been recended. Seem's like crime went up when it happened.

Secret law breaker's? I don't think it's anymore right to require a citizen to have a weapon than it is to take mine away. The bad part is that there are so many people in this country that haven't a clue how to shoot. Were we really attacked where small arm's came into play, each of these people would be hiding behind someone with a gun, even if they couldn't use it. Well as soon as they got it figured out the army doesn't post a troop in everybody house. You understand Army, the one Clinton dismantled.
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]