Author Topic: Triditions 54 inline  (Read 446 times)

Offline Freightman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Triditions 54 inline
« on: September 20, 2007, 05:06:16 AM »
I traded for a in-line made in '95 thought it had a plastic stock until I got it home and looked closer, it is wood painted with a rough black paint. Here is the question, does anyone know what kind of wood it is? I am thinking about taking the black off and re-finishing with a oil finish.
I have very little in the rifle and I took it to the range Tuesday and tried some cast sabot-ed 50 cal as I have two molds for that size. Another shooter provided me with some sabot's, they  were left down range and in good condition so I picked them up. To get back to the session, I had two bullets one is a long 50 450g it didn't do as well as the LEE real bullett which shot a 2" group at 50 yds 10 shots. That is good enough for me. I have some more sabots coming and found some more down range, still 54 cal but some were for a .451 and some were for a .430 bullet I have molds for both sizes and will cast some to test for accuracy.
I resisted a in-line for a long time until I thought you have single shot BPCR and a AK's what is the difference sure glad I tried it it is great fun.
O I forgot to say what powder I was using 85g of APP was the most accurate.

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
Re: Triditions 54 inline
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 08:29:10 AM »
more than likely Beech wood. Very pretty wood when you put the right stain of them. I like birchwood casey walnut stain.

Offline Semisane

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Triditions 54 inline
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 03:34:30 PM »
You're probably right BigBlock.  Beech is the manufacturers wood of choice for such applications.  Inexpensive, durable and tight grained.  Right about Birchwood Casey walnut also - it does a good job.  I also like MINWAX "Early American 230" stain and sealer rubbed in (in several thin coats) until I get the color I want.
CLICK ON ME: .
Link to... highchairstands@cox.net