Author Topic: extracter problems  (Read 428 times)

Offline pigguy

• Trade Count: (0)
extracter problems
« on: February 18, 2007, 09:06:27 AM »
newby here,love this forum and look forward to contributing.i own a 243 handi that sometimes ejects other times not.all i use is federal premium ammo.never had this problem in my survivor in 308,both guns are extemely accurate,would put them against any single shot with a higher pedigree.i am sending the 243 to get fitted with 223 bull barrel.is there something i can do about the extraction problem or let the factory handle it.thanks for all replies.(ps)any s.e. okies out there?

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: extracter problems
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 10:44:15 AM »
pigguy

Welcome to GBO and the wild world of handi's , if your going to send it to H&R anyhow i'd let them fix the problem . might give their CS a call , maybe they will cover the shipping to get it there as a factory repair and then get the 223 added while they have the rifle , just an idea . 

You may just need to give the chamber a good polishing to cure the problem , that is a easy fix . its in the FAQs at the top of the CF Forum .

And yes there are a few Ok. boys here to say the least . Digger , lik2hunt ,warf , just to list a few . i'm sure they will be droping in .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 02:07:29 PM »

Hello Pigguy Welcome aboard to wonderful world of handis
 You are now in the making of a Hamdi-holic.
 I lived near the big city of Boswell for about 10 years.
 Moved to texas 2 years ago. Marv.

Offline pigguy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 05:44:15 AM »
hey stimpylu32,thank you for refering me to the faq section.the bore polishing worked like a charm!looking at doing some trigger work from that section as well.once again i much appreciated this great forum and the input of all subscribers.viva la handi rifle