Author Topic: Zumbo on Nugent web site  (Read 3024 times)

Offline NONYA

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Zumbo on Nugent web site
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 12:17:33 PM »
People around here dont have to worry about thier image,from Sept 1 to the end of November the sight of legs and horns sticking out of truck beds ia an everyday sight,most of the people that are moving here do so because of the outdoor opportunitys we have,if you think myself or anyone else that is a native is going to change thier ways to accomodate the out of staters moving in here because they might not like it you are mistaken,we DONT HIDE OUR HERATIGE!I will NEVER cowtow to the antihunter crowd by keeping my way of life a secret,that is exactly how they want hunters to feel like they are doing somthing wrong,I will make an effort to make sure my game is visible,Im proud of being a hunter and if I offend an anti in the process thats just an added bonus!
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 12:43:58 PM »
NONYA,
I do not hide my kills.  I am proud of them.  There is a difference, however, between a deer laying on it's side in the back of the truck (assuming it not raining, the truck is clean, it is cool enough, the drive to the processor or home is short enough that you don't get road dirt in the cavity, etc.....) and having one gaped open with blood pouring out the back of your truck, or....the hood of your car.  It's not usually an issue with me as I quarter my deer in the field and put them in my cooler, unless I'm just beat and take them to the processor.  Kowtowing would be not hunting.  Not displaying gore is common courtesy.  This is a little off topic so I will stop, might be an interesting topic though.

WylieKy
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 01:40:28 PM »
Its not considered gore around here ITS CALLED MEAT and i dont know anyone who has a problem with it in my area,if its in the back of my rig I dont give a damn if it offends anyone,I dont see any gore in the sight of a field dresse deer/elk in the back of a truck,its not like Im dragging a gut pile from my hitch or skinning a house cat and duct tapping it to the hood.If they dont like seeing dead game they can go back to Ca.

Offline oso45-70

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 03:07:09 PM »

Nonya

I don't know why i tried to get you to see what was happening, Excuse me for trying.......Joe.......
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain

Offline NONYA

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 04:32:04 PM »
How is me driving home with my deer visible in the back of the truck going to harm the sport?You guys sure spend alot of time worried about what the antis think,I dont give any thought to thier sensative feelings and no hunter should.

Offline fe352v8

• A Real Regular
  • Evolve or become extinct
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 06:54:16 PM »
You might want to check out some court rulings regarding the Second Amendment, before concluding that you have some absolute right to own a firearm let alone hunt with it.  While I do not agree with the Supreme Court’s findings or their basis for them, they are nonetheless the arbitrators of the Constitution.

Here is a link, see if your interpretation of the Second Amendment coincides with those of the courts, http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/fedcases.2nd.html#SC1.

I am pro gun and I enjoy hunting, but from my reading of the historical record, it seems what I had once thought was a Constitutionally protected individual right, has never been fully adjudicated to be so by the Supreme Court.  Indeed they have consistently failed to do so, thus a bit of tact maybe required in our attitudes, because we as gun owners, let alone hunters, are a distinct minority today.

This is not to say we should retreat from the issue, but I do not think, in your face confrontation, and arrogance are the most effective paths to preserving our ownership and use of firearms.

Life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

Offline NONYA

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 08:17:51 PM »
Go cower in a corner beyond thier sight,Im not altering my heratige 1 iota to placate thier sensative needs.

Offline fe352v8

• A Real Regular
  • Evolve or become extinct
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 10:28:09 PM »
No ones cowering in a corner, but based on the record of court rulings, false bravado seems counter productive.  The goal is not to lose our heritage.  Whether you want to accept the responsibility or not, your behavior and demeanor may be the example that someone opposed to firearms and or hunting cites as a justification to further curtail what you enjoy.

There is a difference between placating or pandering and a positive presentation.  Like it or not we are all ambassadors of the shooting sports.  Stereotypes are based on the actions and examples of a few individuals, which is why it matters.

One is free to behave as one wishes, but I think one should also consider whether they are projecting a positive image of the shooting sports, or reinforcing a negative stereotype.

Until the Supremes adjudicate the Second Amendment in conjunction with and incorporating the Fourth and Fourteenth, I think it is more effective to engage then enrage.

But if you find an, “in your face, I got rights” (which given the Court’s history, seems tenuous) approach to be a more effective method of preserving our heritage, I wish you the best, as I enjoy my guns and my hunting.

jon
life is no joke but funny things happen

jon

Offline NONYA

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2007, 12:15:49 AM »
the posative image i put forth is one of a hunter thats not going to change generations of tradition due to anti presure,they dont like it they dont have to look.This is how I like to bring em home when we have good snow..

any elk that comes out in one piece is a good elk..

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2007, 01:31:02 AM »
You guys might as well give up, NONYA is intent on shooting himself in the foot and doesn't care where the splatter lands.   He appears to be oblivious to how the real world works hence his own forum "The world according to NONYA".  When the anti's win a round and get hunting stopped in his neck of the woods we can all send him a big fat collective "We told you so!!!"
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2007, 03:50:42 AM »
No ones cowering in a corner, but based on the record of court rulings, false bravado seems counter productive.  The goal is not to lose our heritage.  Whether you want to accept the responsibility or not, your behavior and demeanor may be the example that someone opposed to firearms and or hunting cites as a justification to further curtail what you enjoy.

There is a difference between placating or pandering and a positive presentation.  Like it or not we are all ambassadors of the shooting sports.  Stereotypes are based on the actions and examples of a few individuals, which is why it matters.

One is free to behave as one wishes, but I think one should also consider whether they are projecting a positive image of the shooting sports, or reinforcing a negative stereotype.

Until the Supremes adjudicate the Second Amendment in conjunction with and incorporating the Fourth and Fourteenth, I think it is more effective to engage then enrage.

But if you find an, “in your face, I got rights” (which given the Court’s history, seems tenuous) approach to be a more effective method of preserving our heritage, I wish you the best, as I enjoy my guns and my hunting.

jon

well thought out and articulate.   

Offline NONYA

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2007, 12:45:55 PM »
Brett

Dont feel sorry for me,Im doin just fine.This is the way we have lived for 5 generations here i MT and some candy ass anti in Ca. isnt going to have any effect on it.You really think the antis are going to effect hunting in Montana,you think the state is going to allow the loss of its #1 source of income?LOL NEVER HAPPEN!Montana is opening up hunting on wolves and GRIZZLYS in 2008,somthing the antis tried to take away 20 years ago,now MONTANA has brought it back,the antis spend millions of dollars on thier Bulffalo-campaign,guess what the Gov DOUBLED the amount of buffalo tags last year,the antis have 0 pull here buddy.Hunting is a state controlled issue,they havnt even been able to get rid of it in Commiefornia!If they had a chance anywhere its there and they still have a hunting season,I believe its year round for hog.Enough of them are being eaten by lions they should reopen that season here soon.

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2007, 01:47:25 PM »
He has been solidly in our corner for 40 some years. Now he made a huge mistake. I think we need to think more about damage control than hanging him. Even with his huge blunder, who's side do you want him on?

Now, we have to have one on our side. Who do you want, Zumbo or Nonya? Neither don't count, ya gotta pick one.
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2007, 02:41:21 PM »
He has been solidly in our corner for 40 some years. Now he made a huge mistake. I think we need to think more about damage control than hanging him. Even with his huge blunder, who's side do you want him on?

Now, we have to have one on our side. Who do you want, Zumbo or Nonya? Neither don't count, ya gotta pick one.

Zumbo or NONYA?  Hmm... have to think this over for a while. Can I get back to ya?  ;)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2007, 03:14:52 PM »

Zumbo or NONYA?  Hmm... have to think this over for a while. Can I get back to ya?  ;)

That is an easy one, and I am sure I don't even have to answer that....... ;)
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline NONYA

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2007, 04:00:59 PM »
You guys take your time,I cant wait to hear your opinions,I hold them in the highest esteem!

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2007, 05:52:17 PM »
We're doomed.   ::)

Offline NONYA

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2007, 07:16:23 PM »
rofl! ;D

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 11:58:06 PM »
Where have I heard " I will never change for anyone" before.
The young and foolish come to mind.
It is refreshing to think such thoughts, just be careful of the magic of your mind. It can play fatal tricks on you.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2007, 05:08:58 AM »
NONYA,
I did not mean to tread roughshod all over your unCivil Rights.  Not all of us are blessed enough to live in the caveman's paradise you do (and I write that with 0 sarcasm, I'd be there if I could.)  For those of us forced to live side by side with people that have little or no hunting heritage, a little tact goes a long way.

Personal Example:  I have a 4 year old (on March 3rd) daughter.  Every time I bring game home she "helps" me clean it.  Conversations usually consist of- Daddy, is that deer dead?  Yes, Baby Girl.  Why?  I shot it. Why?  Because it is yummy. I'm hungry.  When can we eat it?  One day she had a little friend over when I got back from a successful hunt.  I began skinning the deer so I could hurry and get it on ice as it was a little warm.  I heard the door open and turned to see my daughter and her little friend standing there.  My daughter came over to "help" and the little friend burst into tears and we had to take him home, and later still got an angry call from his mother, who is now an Anti... 

It is not the Anti's I worry about, it those that don't care one way or another until they are put face to face with something that their "heritage" has not prepared them to handle. Like a gaping deer carcass, and it turns them into an Anti.  Why do you think PETA has a website devoted to the disassembly of animals? Because those that are not raised with that aspect of the process have an emotional response to seeing that and it turns them off... http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_long

As much as I don't like what Zumbo did or the way he said it, in a way he is right.  If I am driving down the road and see a hunter get out of hit truck and grab an AR-15, I think, "Guy must be coyote hunting, hope he knocks a few down."  The average, uneducated American says "OH MY GOD HE HAS A MACHINE GUN!!! WHY DO THEY NEED MACHINE GUNS TO HUNT?  Are all hunters that irresponsible?"....and the sport suffers.

Where as Zumbo saw and acknowledged this problem and said "Ban Black Rifles!!!!!"  I see it and say,  if you are a fan, "Educate the Populace!"  Get involved.  Don't be an elitist. Don't sneer at those that have never lifted a firearm, take them to the range with you. Work to counter the Black Rifle stereotype.

WylieKy
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2007, 06:09:23 AM »
NONYA,
I did not mean to tread roughshod all over your unCivil Rights.  Not all of us are blessed enough to live in the caveman's paradise you do (and I write that with 0 sarcasm, I'd be there if I could.)  For those of us forced to live side by side with people that have little or no hunting heritage, a little tact goes a long way.

Personal Example:  I have a 4 year old (on March 3rd) daughter.  Every time I bring game home she "helps" me clean it.  Conversations usually consist of- Daddy, is that deer dead?  Yes, Baby Girl.  Why?  I shot it. Why?  Because it is yummy. I'm hungry.  When can we eat it?  One day she had a little friend over when I got back from a successful hunt.  I began skinning the deer so I could hurry and get it on ice as it was a little warm.  I heard the door open and turned to see my daughter and her little friend standing there.  My daughter came over to "help" and the little friend burst into tears and we had to take him home, and later still got an angry call from his mother, who is now an Anti... 

It is not the Anti's I worry about, it those that don't care one way or another until they are put face to face with something that their "heritage" has not prepared them to handle. Like a gaping deer carcass, and it turns them into an Anti.  Why do you think PETA has a website devoted to the disassembly of animals? Because those that are not raised with that aspect of the process have an emotional response to seeing that and it turns them off... http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=agri_long

As much as I don't like what Zumbo did or the way he said it, in a way he is right.  If I am driving down the road and see a hunter get out of hit truck and grab an AR-15, I think, "Guy must be coyote hunting, hope he knocks a few down."  The average, uneducated American says "OH MY GOD HE HAS A MACHINE GUN!!! WHY DO THEY NEED MACHINE GUNS TO HUNT?  Are all hunters that irresponsible?"....and the sport suffers.

Where as Zumbo saw and acknowledged this problem and said "Ban Black Rifles!!!!!"  I see it and say,  if you are a fan, "Educate the Populace!"  Get involved.  Don't be an elitist. Don't sneer at those that have never lifted a firearm, take them to the range with you. Work to counter the Black Rifle stereotype.

WylieKy

Very well said Wylie.  I aplaud you for allowing your young daughter to "help" you.  I too am surrounded by tree huggers that don't understand or don't want to undertand the important role hunters play.  As a result  a lot of the deer running around here look more like a large dog rather than deer - not enough food.  It is surely ignorance that will hurt us the most.