Author Topic: Scope for Henry Survival rifle  (Read 1596 times)

Offline tbull55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Scope for Henry Survival rifle
« on: December 21, 2006, 07:13:44 AM »
I was thinking of putting a scope on my Henry survival rifle.  Has anyone scoped their survival?  I thought I would look for a realtivly compact scope that was tough with a lower price tag.  I'm sure it will get knocked around pretty good and don't really want to sink a ton of money into it.  I thought maybe a compact red dot or a cheaper version of the holosight.  I found some simmons, leatherwood, tasco, and millets in my price range.  Any thoughts on any of them?

Thanks,
Tbull
Duct Tape is like the force!
It has a light side.
It has a dark side.
And it holds the universe together!
:D

Offline emsemt911

• Avid Poster
Re: Scope for Henry Survival rifle
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 05:12:46 PM »
How do you like the Henry survial rifle?  I have read a few reviews, but I want to here from someone in the real world.

Offline lucky guy

• Contributor
Re: Scope for Henry Survival rifle
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 11:50:26 AM »
I've had one for a couple of years.  I think it's worth the money, and serves it purpose well. 
It gave me some ftf, fte problems at first and went back to the factory once.  Factory service is the best!!  Got it back and it's better, but it's still sensitive to ammo.  Mine shoots minimags now without a hitch, and they're pretty accurate in it so that's all I shoot.  The trigger is not the best and nobody I have talked to will touch it.  (??)

Here are some pics of mine.  I mounted a scope rail on the bottom of the stock because I wanted to have a way to carry a scope.  The scope is a 4 x 28 no name compact that shoots pretty well.   I mount the scope all the way back on the grooved receiver and the POI lines right up each time.  I can also leave the scope on the stock and shoot with the iron sights. The allen wrench for the scope and a spare fit in the stock by the extra magazine, but the quick mounts with the handles on the mounting bolts are probably the way to go.   

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/glennbrown/Henry%20Survival/