Author Topic: Game birds  (Read 545 times)

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
Game birds
« on: March 04, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »
Does anyone here raise and release pheasant or quail?
For several years I have told myself I was going to raise 50 quail. Last week I stopped at a local place that sells chicks. They told me they nolonger handle game birds. They were told they needed to get names and addresses when the order for game bird chicks was taken. Then when the chicks were picked up they needed to tell the buyer that thier name and adderss has been given to local game wardens and they MUST get a permit!
The local seller did not feel good about business like that so they nolonger sell.
Guess I have waited too long to try it. Since hearing this I can think of several places that had birds in pens that were visable from the road. Those pens are now empty.

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
Re: Game birds
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 07:32:50 AM »
HT

I don't know anybody that does it anymore  , used to be a place about 20 mile south of here that did and they ran into to so much red tape from ODNR , that they quit also , hell at one time you could drive all over the country and see pens , not anymore .  :(

The worst part is now that ODNR has put all the little guys out , now they are cutting back too .  ???

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped