Author Topic: Pardner Turkey Gun Barrel ?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Jellyhead

• Trade Count: (0)
Pardner Turkey Gun Barrel ?
« on: April 14, 2007, 09:30:11 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am looking into getting the Pardner Turkey Gun  12 Ga. w/camo stock (SB1-F12). I have read the website descriptions on this gun.  It says the 10 ga. comes with a extra full screw in choke, and the 12 ga comes with full.  My question is, Is the full choke a screw in choke, can I get an aftermarket extra full or turkey choke for it?

Scott

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: Pardner Turkey Gun Barrel ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 12:17:03 PM »
The screw choke 12ga Turkey Gun is the SB1-F10.  It has all black painted stocks.  It is the one listed first in the ONLINE catalog.  The other options for a 12ga with choke tubes is the TDC or the Pardner synthetic.  They are both 28" barrels, the Turkey guns are both 24" barrels.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Jellyhead

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 02:02:21 PM »
Thanks cookieman,

So the one with a camo stock is just a barrel  with full constriction at the muzzle?

scott

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 06:24:57 PM »
That's correct.  They usually run about $140.  I have had my eye on one of those for nearly a year at the local Fleet Farm  Store.  If they ever mark it down, it will be coming to my house.  I really only want the stocks and receiver, but it's the only H&R left in the store.  They will only Special Order H&R's now.  They stock the Rossi's.   :'(

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 01:39:06 AM »
 >:(
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 04:45:11 AM »
Cookie you are lucky my local " farm store" doesn't carry ammo any more. It bewilders me that they dont put the camo stock on a turkey gun. A full camo turkey gun with FO sights would sell like hot cakes.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 11:41:13 AM »
Yeah, me too.  It just doesn't make sense.  I wouldn't cost any more and they really would sell.  Perfect length, screw chokes and camo.  The only thing missing would be a vent rib.  I guess we must have missed something...I always thought "Supply the demand and you will make money".   Aahh, what do I know, I'm just a garbage man. ;D

cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline sqeeter91

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 12:57:02 PM »
Evening Jelly,
I bought the exact firearm today that you're thinkning about. Just to let you know, it comes with the Xtra full turkey choke installed. I gave $225 at Gander Mountain for mine. Good Luck
                                               Marc
Whether the target is paper, a can, or whatever. The objective is the same- Put it where the hairs cross.

Offline sqeeter91

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 12:58:33 PM »
Soory- I was mistaken at what youre looking at. I got the Pardner Pump
Whether the target is paper, a can, or whatever. The objective is the same- Put it where the hairs cross.

Offline Jellyhead

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 12:20:12 AM »
Thanks guys,

I was definately looking at the camo model, but I see it comes with a fixed full barrel, not to good for patterning a turkey gun.  I wonder why they supply the black Pardner stock one with a extra full choke, and then the gun they are calling the Turkey gun, has only a fixed full barrel? I saw it too at a Gander Mtn.  It was only $149 brand new with a sling too.  I really like that gun , just wish it was more adaptable.

Jellyhead

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 05:50:30 AM »
I wonder why they supply the black Pardner stock one with a extra full choke, and then the gun they are calling the Turkey gun, has only a fixed full barrel?

Jellyhead

Jellyhead,

Welcome to Graybeards. To answer your question, because the people making the decisions wear suits, not camo clothing. It is just ONE of the stupid things they continue to do, year after year. ::) It just don't make sense.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »
You can do what I did a couple of years ago.  I sent my SB-2 receiver back to NEF and bought the Turkey barrel with screw in extra full turkey choke tube.  While it was there I also bought the camo stocks.  It looks good and shoots good.  I bought a fiber optic front sight, Tru-Glo I think, it is made for plain non-ribbed barrels.  It has a plastic sleeve that fits around the barrel and then you slide it up against the bead.  I put some of the camo tape on the barrel.  Works good for me.  Then for deer season I bought a rifled choke tube and shot a nice 8 point white tail at about 50 yards with a Remington Buck-Hammer. 
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline Jellyhead

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
Thanks ,

Busta , you really nailed it there, why not include a extra full choke with your"Turkey" gun?
I have no beef with NEF or H&R, love their products, just wish they would sell that gun with a screw in choke barrel.  They would definately sell more guns.  I still may go and pick it up.  Has anyone had a chance to shoot this barrel?, and how did it pattern at 40 yds with various loads?

Jellyhead