Author Topic: TDC 20ga ??  (Read 549 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
TDC 20ga ??
« on: March 14, 2007, 12:42:21 PM »
It is unclear to me, still.  Did H&R change the length of the 20ga TDC to 28" this year?  If so, why would they do that?

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: TDC 20ga ??
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 03:28:27 PM »
They did it just because I wanted one, Now I guess I better buy one.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 03:43:05 PM »
I have a 20 gauge TDC I bought new from a member here, it's still in the box and never been taken out, what length barrel were they before they went to 28"? I think the longer barrels seem to swing better on game....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Dave Weiss

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 04:16:11 PM »
Last year, when I ordered my 20ga TDC they were listed with a 26" barrel. After months of waiting, I received a 20ga TDC with a 28" barrel, I thought oh well I'll give it a try... I had ordered the gun thinking that I'd get a lightweight, easy to carry, good looking gun... What I got was a heavy, clumbsy, pretty good looking gun. I think a Pardner with I/C chokes would be money much better spent.

>>>===> Dave
Hunt hard, shoot fast and trust your dog.

Offline Dave Weiss

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 04:23:42 PM »
Sorry, guess I should have answered the original question. I don't know, but it appears to me that they use the same barrel for the 12 and the 20, the 20 just has a smaller hole drilled in it, which would account for a single shot 20ga that weighs over 7lbs.
I'm not bitter... really ;)

>>>===> Dave

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 07:12:49 PM »
Cookieman,

I don't think they ever had a 26" 20ga TDC. I know they listed them at that length, but all of them that I have seen for the last 2 or 3 years, were exactly the same length as the 12ga siting right next to them. ::) H&R/NEF must not own a yardstick. ;D
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 11:43:45 PM »
I have yet to have seen one in a store, 12 or 20 ga!  Some of you have said how fortunate I am to have all these fine stores( Cabelas, Sportsmans Whse, Dick's, Gander Mtn) close enough to me to shop them, but of all those choices, all I see on the racks are just plain ole' Pardners.  If I want a TDC, I am gonna have to order it.  I guess, to be honest, I don't really want one bad enough to do that.  At least not right now.  Thanks for the input, guys.  I didn't realize that they were NEVER available in 26".

I agree with you Dave, I think the 26", choke tube, Synthetic Pardner is a better choice, for the money, but a vent rib would be nice.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Dave Weiss

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 03:54:05 PM »
The vent rib was a PLASTIC joke, not worth 50 extra bucks, jmho...
I'm not bitter... RReeaallyy ;)

>>>===> Dave