Author Topic: Turkey barrel options  (Read 477 times)

Offline 22lyons

• Trade Count: (0)
Turkey barrel options
« on: March 09, 2007, 04:10:06 PM »
Have a new 20ga USH and am thinking about getting a 12ga turkey barrel for it.  What do you suggest?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Turkey barrel options
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:48:29 PM »
24" 12 gauge with screw in choke tubes, or perhaps a 12 gauge TDC barrel. Of course a 10 gauge is always nice but I think you would need a different receiver....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 12:48:34 AM »
Msp is correct.  The 10ga can only be fitted to the larger receiver...same receiver as the 12USH. 
Both the 12ga and 20ga TDC have choke tube barrels, so either one would work.  Also, if a 20ga will work for you, there is the 22" choke tube barrel that comes on the Pardner Synthetic Youth model.  That's only 22" long.  Best choice IMHO...24" Turkey barrel.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 01:11:09 AM »
The best option in my opinion since the guns are so cheap is to buy whole new turkey gun. Any of the barrel options Cookie and MSP mentioned are good as well
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 01:50:19 AM »
When you're right you're right, Markus. ;)  No down side to that reccomendation.  What's not to like about gettin' a new shotgun. ;D
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"