Author Topic: CVA Optima Elite  (Read 6167 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: CVA Optima Elite
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2007, 02:54:45 PM »
Yup, chinese.... ya get whatcha pay for, usually!! :D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline oldrookie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2007, 03:25:16 PM »
I assume if you are going to use it off a bench you need the shortest possible. Is that usually the 6-9" model. Tim, by using the same lug as the sling, does it interfere with the sling use at all? Is there pros and cons to different mountings?

Offline oldrookie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2007, 03:27:32 PM »
Follow-up question...sorry. Preference between a fixed bi-pod and one that swivels?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2007, 03:47:05 PM »
All my bipods have a stud on them to attach a sling to. If you're shooting on uneven ground, the swivel is great, the legs don't need to be adjusted to eliminate cant, but for bench work, the fixed are better for me.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »
I assume if you are going to use it off a bench you need the shortest possible. Is that usually the 6-9" model. Tim, by using the same lug as the sling, does it interfere with the sling use at all? Is there pros and cons to different mountings?

6-9" works good on the bench, but i prefer the 9-13" & you can change the ht. of the seat or bags, it's a non issue for this 3" diff. 
In some areas of high grass, the next size up is nice & I have done that with success. But with playing with all of the heights & Var./Big Game hunting with the various heights, I have settled on the 9-13" mounted on the rifle & Stoney
Point shooting stiks on my hip, coupled with a good sling. All of my bases are covered with the 3. I have a poly filled bean bag that I use that I can pull out of my BDU type pocket when hunting out West. I use this under the Buttstock when the bipod is engaged. My groups are getting closer & closer to what I can do from the bench with this & you can too. When the grass is too tall which sometimes happens, I can set and use my shooting sticks & with some sling pressure to boot. This is a little better than using the sling alone, which can be dang good with practice.

I like the fixed with the leg notches & with practice you can work one leg back & forth quickly to make very slight adjustments. If & to me a big IF is the swivel can be the best of all IF you invest in a pod lock.

When my rifles only have one stud. I use the swivel std/hole provided on the Harris.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline oldrookie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2007, 06:00:39 PM »
Thanks for your the suggestion..the little longer length does make sense.