Author Topic: Went shooting today , not happy  (Read 978 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
Went shooting today , not happy
« on: March 21, 2007, 11:14:17 AM »
Took the 22-250 and 270 Handis out for a spin today both shot like a champ , the 250 was ujst under 3/4" @ 100 and the 270 was 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" @ 100 , the 270 needs work yet .

The one that has me upset is the 41 Reeder , if i only put 1 round in the chamber it will lock up fine but if i put 2 or more in the cyl. it wants to stick and not close properly , not sure if the round is to headspace on the sholder or the case rim , going to drop Gary Reeder an e-mail to see what he says on this thing . It may just end up taking a trip to Az for him to look over .  ???  >:(

Can't wait for my new 218 Bee Handi barrel to get here , i have 100 rounds loaded for it with diffrent bullets and powders .  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline 17ghk

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Went shooting today , not happy
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 04:17:41 PM »
It sounds like some groundhogs might be in trouble.Plus it beats working! Good shooting with the 250.

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:18:01 PM »
Stimpy,

Sounds like lots of fun. Now on that 41, well it headspaces on the shoulder, but if you let the shoulder go too far forward then it will lock it up. It should hit the shoulder just as the rim hits the back of the cylinder, Not an easy task, but once you get it set up then it is easy to do every time.

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 01:12:44 AM »
I have decided to shoot a woodchuck with every one of my varmint guns this year.
Yesterday I killed my 5th woodchuck and got my 4th rifle out of the safe.
I had an offhand shot at about 75 yards with 2 woodchucks looking out of the same hole at me, I hoped to hit both with the same bullet, when I got to the dead woodchucks I picked up the first one and tossed him in the ditch. I grabbed the second one and it was cold and stiff.... I missed the second with my bullet and did not see the 3rd dead one when I was shooting.

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:46:33 AM »
HT

If you have 3 in the same hole you need to do more shooting before those little suckers take over the whole state .  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 01:01:54 PM »
HT

If you have 3 in the same hole you need to do more shooting before those little suckers take over the whole state .  ;D

stimpy

We have plenty... No one complains when they see us in the neighborhood.