Author Topic: pentax plex  (Read 663 times)

Offline mtbugle

• Trade Count: (32)
  • Contributor
pentax plex
« on: January 18, 2007, 08:12:21 AM »
hi new to this board but have been reading for couple months.  i just recieved new pentax gameseeker with the precision plex reticle and can not find where it states what power the lines are calibrated for.  Does anyone have this info handy.  i guess i could calculate by moa drop and set a paper at 100 yds to figure it out.  Havn't had time for that yet.  Thanks in advance.  btw it is the 3-9x50.

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
Re: pentax plex
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 09:57:34 AM »
I believe its 9 power
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 10:35:12 AM »
What's your first impression of that scope?  Thanks!

Offline mtbugle

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 09:23:44 AM »
my initial feeling is this is a nice scope and probable worthy of my needs.  i am moving up from tasco varmits on my varmit rifles and had an eagle eye on my 7 mag and simmons prohunters on acouple of other rifles in 30-o6 recoil class.unfortunatly the eagle eye and 50mm prohunter were stolen prior to christmas and i can not do a side by side comparison.  it is as clear and probably clearer than the simmons.  i have no experience with the leupys and above so can't comment to them.  it appears to be one piece tube, says made in china.  focus and power rings are a little stiff, but imagine will free up after a few actuations.  so far pleased and can hardly wait to mount and shoot it.  would rather have hold over lines set at lower power as i hunt set at lower power to help reaquire target in case need fast follow up shot. Have seen too many people fail to get a needed second shot due not able to reaquire target.

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 09:59:36 AM »
I like the lower powers myself.  I usually try to use fixed power scopes, so I was looking at the 4x and 6x scopes in this line.  I haven't found much to read about them, but the few reviews on midwayusa.com are generally favorable.

Offline mtbugle

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 05:40:37 PM »
well got to take gameseeker out sat and based on my drop points calculated in moa from 100yds out set at 200 yds and doubled distance dot to dot.  seems gradient lines calibrated for 7 power for the 30-06 drops.  verified the same with the drop of a 243 with 200 yd 0 at 300 yds.  unfortunately the rifle it was mounted on had accuracy issues past 200, so couldn't verify directly out as far as wanted. looks like 7 power for gradients though.

Offline mtbugle

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 06:28:01 PM »
got out today to retry the gameseeker, and it is shooting in excess of 6 inches at 100 yds.  no wonder i could not find holes at 200 and 300 meters last time out.  i put my old k-4 on and groups back to 1-1.5 inches at 100 and on chickens at 200 every time. great, now i get to pay return postage and $20 to see if they can get this thing to do what it should have done in the first place. has anyone else had the chance to see if these gameseekers are holding up on their guns?