Author Topic: cannon "lighter"  (Read 578 times)

Offline Monk

• Trade Count: (0)
cannon "lighter"
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:55:55 PM »
check out this cool lighter, has anyone seen or heard of these before?

http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/PCL.shtml

Offline Powder keg

• GBO Sponsor
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: cannon "lighter"
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 04:53:32 PM »
Looks like someone sawed off a pistol ant threaded a blow gun nozzle onto it.
Wesley P.
"Powder Keg"
Custom Machine work done reasonable. I have a small machine shop and foundry. Please let me build your stuff. I just added Metal etching to my capabilities. I specialize in custom jobs.
"When the gun is lost, All is lost"

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:18:31 PM »

Considering the reliability of a flintlock versus a slow match or portfire, this does not seem to be a particularly good idea for an ignition device.  Were it percussion, I would be a little more tolerant.

Looks like a way to use up some reject parts.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 06:39:51 AM »
I notice it's advertized as a "UNIQUE" pistol.  Unique meaning they learned after making THE only one they made.

But it would add to the anticipation.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline accuratemike

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.accuratepower.com
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 07:18:41 AM »
Middlesex sell guns made in India. They, Discriminating General and Loyalist Arms, have all sorts of early arms reproduced. There are a few oddities too. I think it is DG that sells the flint cannon lock. There is probably an original of this thing floating around somewhere. I bought 6 First Model ('56) Brown Bess' from Middlesex this month. (for my Rev War re-enacting unit.) They are very nice for the price (1/2 of what was formerly on the market). Actually very nice in general. They do show signs of being hand made and fitted as, I suspect, did the originals. (The Italians are mass produced using machines rather than Indian youth) I think this is for folks who collect unique (odd) stuff. I doubt you will see one replacing a linstock very often. Check out the three websites. I'm sure anybody that likes the smell of black powder will find something fun. Wendy and Pete at Middlesex are great people to deal with. DG and Loyalist are in Canada. DG doesn't drill their touch holes. (The short comparo) Enjoy, MIKE