Author Topic: Hunter Education Instructor  (Read 402 times)

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
Hunter Education Instructor
« on: March 28, 2007, 11:03:43 AM »
I have been interested in doing this for a number of years. Just took my daughter to Missouri Hunter Education on Monday and Tuesday of this week. It has rekindled the fire to become a Hunter Education Instructor. I have enjoyed hunting and the outdoors for over 35 safe years and I feel it’s time to extend and share that experience to the younger folks. Are there any folks who are now Hunter Education Instructors for their State? I talked to the Instructors at the two day course and all of them are volunteers. The only requirement is you complete the course. This is the fourth state I have taken the course in. Good deal and I volunteered to instruct for the fall classes. I’m on the list to teach! ;D

Froghunter!
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Hunter Education Instructor
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 12:01:44 PM »
Good for you. This is my 6th year as a hunter safety instructor and although it's a lot of work, the rewards are well worth it. Each year that the accident numbers go down gives you a sense of accomplishment.You will know and be proud of the fact that it is because of your efforts to teach new hunters the right way ,that less people are being injured..
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:43:02 PM »
Congratulations to both of you, I have been a volunteer Hunter Safety Instructor for over 15 years now and your right it is a bit of work but not much if you enjoy it. Being able to pass on the safe and proper handling of firearms and hunting is rewarding many times over. In my job I saw the result of the improper and illegal use of firearms and felt good about helping those that wanted to learn the safe use of guns and how to hunt safely as well. It also aides in passing on those great American traditions of shooting and hunting....<><.... :)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 02:00:22 PM »
Thanks to the tree of you for doing this. I never have taken the hunter safety course since I'm old enough to be grandfathered in Delaware and Maryland. I plan on doing it with my son when he gets old enough. I plan on doing a lot of volunteer work when I retire.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun