Author Topic: venting displeasure is better than stewing  (Read 1055 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
venting displeasure is better than stewing
« on: April 05, 2003, 04:59:49 AM »
pardon me as this has nothing to do with anything other than venting. i applied for my chl in jan--this is texas--susposed to take 60 days. sixty days gone- e-mailed em asking for feedback. they have a site that you can check on how the procedure is going but the have to issue you a pin #
to get onto the page--they had not even issued the pin #. the reply was to the effect that they were backed up but here is you pin # and we have recieved your paper work. waited two weeks and called up tha page to check---tha daggone page said they had no record of my application. i e-mailed em-- the reply was ,and i quote " i do not know why the on line check is telling you that-the application is still being processed. we are running behind so the applications are taking longer than sixty days. waited another week--checked again--on-line said no application was on file. called them--she was perturbed i called--said be patient--she did not know why on-line was telling me that. it would be a while longer.
now i have been carrying for 40 years without a chl-not always on me but sometimes depending on tha circumstance--without a problem. now that i have notified em i want one-i can't get one. why did i ever put myself thru tha aggrivation? much less tha expense. i'm gonna be in a home with no need before they get this done.
tanx fer the space boys--sorry ta burden ya. :evil:  :evil:
blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline I am CAL.........

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 01:39:43 PM »
Sounds like to me you are getting the "Grand slam runaround".  If I were you I would call them one more time and ask to speak to whoever is in charge of this dept.I am in Ga. and all I had to do was go to our county seat to the probate judge and I was through in maybe 15 minutes. I do understand your dissatisfaction though.Good luck,sounds like you are going to need lots of it! I am CAL....

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 03:46:27 PM »
sounds frustrating.   government agencies are especially hard to deal with, especially when you need something from them.   the only advise i can offer is be patient; and remember that you trap more flies with sugar than with salt.   next time you call,  start the conversation with a bit of small talk( how are you doing today?,  what's the weather like over your way today? you get the picture).  after you have gotten on their good side,  explain your problem and ask if there is anything that the person you are talking with could possibly do to help a fella out.  be patient and understanding.   alot of times if you soften someone up first,  you'll be surprised how doors open for you.  sometimes not,  but it is worth a shot.  good luck.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 09:45:41 PM »
well- i was venting here not there--it really does not do anything ta get mad at the other feller, ie it doesn't do anything  to him just me. it is just frustrating as all get out and i was in tha need for someone ta listen to me rant for awhile. i appreciate ya listen, wish i could buy ya a beer.
blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline jhm

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 12:07:54 AM »
Williamlayton:  I have a salution, you could move to Ar. where I live and get a ccw and it would be good in tx. see problem solved. :-D  :-D  :D   JIM

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 01:22:33 AM »
now there is a thought--let's have a beer and discuss it. :toast:
blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 01:33:54 AM »
they still have not updated the website to check on they progress. this is beginning to tell me only one thing--lots, ie LOTS of folks are getting a chl. i'm not convienced they are first timers-i think they are becoming legal--don't know if this scares me or not--texans becoming legal ? that is scary! :lol:  :lol:
blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2003, 03:44:11 PM »
i think jhm brought up something that might help you (and i never thought of).   i read an article about a year ago written by dick metcalf about getting licensed for ccw.  he advocated getting a permit for carry (even if your state didnt have ccw laws) through states that do have it.  his point was for vacations or for reciprocation in other states.   address for florida state was given and the requirements needed to be met were listed.   i am sure that someone on this site from florida would help get that info for you.  if you cant get satisfaction from the state of texas; get a ccw through the state of florida that is legal in texas!   food for thought.  good luck!     :wink:

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2003, 04:38:02 PM »
aw heck-i'll get it someday i'm just can't understand why they won't do sumthin about the dagone web site--texas does some pretty stringent investigation into background--my wife got an inquiry as to wheather she thought i ought to have the chl-cost me a c note to get her to ok it :wink: . kiddin aside they do a good job of not just issuing to anybody-and thats good---but then everybody here does it anyhow.
blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2003, 12:09:13 AM »
well they got th web fixed :-D  :-D i'm official now-by this time next year i'll probable get a notice i've been rejected cause they confused me with somebody in ft worth or el paso--but at least i'm official--set up th house joe - drinks are on me--belly up boys :grin:  :wink:
blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2003, 03:10:57 PM »
glad to hear things worked out for you.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2003, 01:04:08 AM »
well boys this is getting to be funny now. jest checked the web site--for some reason--and guess what--they say i have no application active ! what say we have another drink :toast:
blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2003, 04:03:32 PM »
sent tha webmaster an e-mail--his reply wuz--"i can't emagine what is happening--we never have a problem" :-D  :-D  yea - right!
blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2003, 04:35:43 AM »
the webmaster sent an e-mail yesterday saying he foud the web to be functioning and that the msg he got was that the chl was being processed.
i went to the site and it showed me that no application was on file--maybe i'm doin sumthin wrong but i can't see it-i follow the webs instructions and get a different answer----i hate computers--maybe it is me, the computer operator i hate.
blessings--and the delimma continues
TEXAS, by GOD