Author Topic: Virginia Gun Shops  (Read 348 times)

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Virginia Gun Shops
« on: March 20, 2007, 02:34:19 AM »
There was an interesting article or post on the AOL website this morning about two Virginia Gun Shops that are holding raffles to combat bloomberg's assault on out of NYS gun shops. 

Bloomberg's contention is that 90% of the illegal guns used in NYC crimes come from out of state and he sought legal action to close or monitor sales from 14 shops that were named as providing straw purchases. 

Now, two gun shops have come up with a means to combat bloomberg's efforts - they are holding raffles.  Any purchaser at these two shops who purchase goods can receive a raffle ticket for one of two guns - one a rifle the other a pistol, both valued at about $900 each. 

Bloomberg calls it 'sick'.  The gun owners refer to bloomberg in terms unfit for print (probably very accurate terminology). 

I think this is a good idea.  The shops are also suing to have the federal monitoring of gun shops stopped.  I wonder what else we can do to throw a monkey wrench into bloomberg's efforts?????  Mikey.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Virginia Gun Shops
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 03:23:51 AM »
Mikey, just got thru reading about this, and went to the NRA website. Couldn't find a thing, other than the story that's out on the news wire's. Certainly hope, with their money and legal clout, the NRA steps in to help out these gun shops. Sounds like this bloomberg has some oversized kahuna's. Kinda like Daly in Chicago a few years ago, when he wanted BATF to give his city ALL records of gun transactions,nationwide, not just Illinois/Chicago records. If I remember correctly, ATF told him to go suck canal water.
You notice, that bloomberg is picking on small gun shops, not the Walmart/K mart store's. They have more money/legal options, than the small shop owners. We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman