Author Topic: Bushnell scope chief  (Read 922 times)

Offline hawk

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell scope chief
« on: March 20, 2007, 01:32:11 PM »
Hello, just picked up a ruger #1 in 257 roberts with this make and model scope in 10 power. Does anyone know about the quality of this scope? Yes, 10 power is way too much for this round and was thinking about trading worth.

Thanks
Hawks

Offline Luckyducker

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Bushnell scope chief
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 02:33:12 AM »
They are a bottem end scope and don't bring much new so I don't think you'll get much for trade value.  If it holds its zero and you can actually see through it maybe it would be worth more to you than somebody else.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 05:40:14 AM »
The Scopechief used to be Bushnell's top of the line model, comparable to the Legend or 3200 now, but it's no longer made. I have several of them, they're very good optics, originally made in Japan, then production moved to the Phiilippines and then Taiwan.  I think Luckducker is referring to the Sportsman which is the entry level Bushnell made now.

Tim

http://www.huntamerica.com/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB9&Number=515838&Searchpage=1&Main=511787&Words=+RobP&topic=&Search=true

http://www.outdoorcanada.ca/gear/scopes1.shtml
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 08:00:50 AM »
Hawk,
Welcome to GBO!  Like Quick says, the Scopechief used to be top of the line.  A few of them still sit on my best rifles and I see no reason to change them.  Here is another thread on them....    Good to have you here.

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/smf/index.php/topic,112669.0.html
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline hawk

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 12:53:27 AM »
Thank you ! Looks like it is a keeper.

Hawk

Offline Zachary

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 07:16:07 AM »
But, is it really?  With fixed 10x magnification, as you yourself stated, that's way too much for a .257 Bob. 

Zachary

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »
Hawk,
I don't know what your type of shooting is, so not sure why that scope is way too much. I usually choose my magnification by how and where I am going to use a cartridge, not necessarily the cartridge.   One of my buddies and I recently purchased the Bushnell 3200 10X with the mildot reticle.  I like mine for targets and working up/accuracy testing loads.  My friend loves his for the same and is even going to try it on coyotes.  A fixed 10X has it's place, even if not on that .257.  Used scopes usually only bring a small fraction of the value that they may have as shooters, so that often makes 'em keepers in my book.  Good shootin' to you!
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.