Author Topic: bc questions  (Read 256 times)

Offline sureshot2040

• Trade Count: (27)
  • A Real Regular
bc questions
« on: March 27, 2007, 02:45:08 PM »
hey pards
i was gonna sell this shooter but decided to do something different with it
i was thinking abt putting one of cabelas new scopes made for the 45-70 leverevolution ammo
it has mill dots in it for 200 and 300 yard ranges after you set the cross hairs at 100yards
my question is would the extra length of the barrel cause enough increase in velocity to make a difference in point of impact enough to make the mil dots inaccurate?
would i be able to create loads to match balistics of the that ammo close enough so i could still use the cabelas scope effectively?
also in the faq section it talks abt a leupold scope rail?? what kind of rings does it use?
what is the better of the three rails availible?
i guess thats about all for now
any help with any of this mess would be appreciated
thanks
sureshot

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: bc questions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 02:58:46 PM »
The Leupold base takes Weaver style rings, but it has fewer cross slots, but at least the rear part of the base can be used, unlike the Weaver #82.

The scope you're referring to is made for the Leverevolution ammo on a Marlin levergun, that ammo does shoot well in a BC according to most that have tried it. But you can also get a much better scope for doing the same thing, the Bushnell 3200 10x40 Mildot would be my first choice(in fact I have one on a BC!!! ;D), it would just be a matter of shooting it and dialing it in. Knowing the range would be paramount tho, as in laser range finder and shooting it at that range.

Tim

http://theopticzone.com/detail.aspx?ID=3252

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain