Author Topic: 270Ackley Krag??  (Read 596 times)

Offline STLContender

• Trade Count: (0)
270Ackley Krag??
« on: June 25, 2003, 11:11:22 AM »
Ok..question for anyone who may have an answer. I know there is a 25 Ackley Krag....and many other cartridges based on the 30-40 Krag. Does anyone know of a 270 Ackley Krag? Im thinking of having a contender barrel rechamber for it if there is such a thing..and if not i might just make it myself!! :lol: I know it may be on the high end of the contenders pressure limits...but if anyone knows anything about that cartridge let me know. Thanks alot. :D
Hit em hard!!

Offline onesonek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
270Ackley Krag??
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 04:44:32 PM »
I did a quick search, and didn't find any reference that a 270-40 Krag,  has been done.  That is not saying it hasn't, or couldn't. I'm sure reamers could be made, no problem.  Chambering this in a Contender, is however a questionable project.  I don't see any of the usual custom barrel (TC) makers listing the 30-40 in the Contender. I'm thinking that the 40 case is quite capable of handling more pressure than the Contender will handle.  Here lies  the liability possibilities. A safer bet in the Contender, would be a 7-30waters AI. I think the 6.5 and 7mm BRM's, can be chambered in the Contender also.  :D Onesonek