Author Topic: Kinda OT / Punt Guns & game laws  (Read 634 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
Kinda OT / Punt Guns & game laws
« on: March 23, 2007, 11:42:39 AM »
Saw a show on the Outdoor chnl. last night about market hunting for waterfoul using the old punt guns , i know that they were used on lake Erie during the early 1800s for ducks and geese , man do those suckers throw some lead , One that they had took a 8 pound load of #2s . They also had one with 5 yes 5 , 8ga barrels in a fan pattern .

After watching that show i do have a better understanding of why some of the hunting laws were put in place , to keep the number of birds from dropping to a point were we could not be able to hunt them today .

I guess my point is that when we think the ODNR comes up with a law that we think is kinda dumb , well maybe we need to look at the bigger picture and think about what will be happening 50 or 100 years from now because of what we do today .

But on the other side of the coin , some of the laws don't even make sence in the big picture .  ???

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Kinda OT / Punt Guns & game laws
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 07:34:37 PM »
stimpylu, know what ya mean about some of the game laws. We had a couple of game wardens at one of our monthly gun club meetings years ago. I had 2 questions for them. Why could we only hunt crows on Thur-Fri-Sat. And if I was Rabbit/Pheasant hunting in a cornfield, I couldn't shoot a duck, unless I used steel shot. But it was OK to use lead for Rabbit/Pheasant. All they did was smile, and shrug their shoulders. Well, I'm going to be at the Lima show in week and a half, Maybe see ya there.We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work.!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman