Author Topic: I want the truth, I can handle it ,so tell me !  (Read 700 times)

Offline Country Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
I want the truth, I can handle it ,so tell me !
« on: July 01, 2007, 01:11:49 PM »
 I've booked a guided a hunt near Lexington, Ms for Dec. (primitative season) the pictures in the brochure look nice are there any decent bucks to hunt in that area ? I don't mean booners, just a nice 120-140. I'm having sec ond thoughts.

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I want the truth, I can handle it ,so tell me !
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 03:32:06 PM »
Country Boy.  Just a few years ago that was excellent hunting.  With the game management by land owners and hunting clubs, it should be even better.  I think you can find a wall hanger there if you hunt with a good outfit.

We owned land near Philadelphia (Neshoba Co.), there were some really quality deer there.  Of course our place was not hunted to any extent for well over 40 years (maybe by one of the local poachers). 

Offline statelinerut

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: I want the truth, I can handle it ,so tell me !
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 05:55:27 AM »
You will have a very good chance down there. My wife's kinfolks run a 2500 acre ranch down there that has been under a management program for the last 7 years or so. They are getting photos of 150 and 160 class deer now. It is in Meadville, MS. That area down there in South, MS is known for it's big deer. You will have a great time.
"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

"Upon a life I did not live, upon a death I did not die; anothers life, anothers death, I stake my whole eternity." Horatius Bonar