Author Topic: Kahr Arms or Springfield EMP  (Read 3211 times)

Offline GSaltzman

• Trade Count: (0)
Kahr Arms or Springfield EMP
« on: February 16, 2007, 08:03:21 PM »
Anybody have any experience with any of the Kahr models? I have been thinking of getting one for the wife for her ccw. I would prefer for her to try one out first but would like to hear some opinions. Her last gun was a Colt Combat Commander in 38 Super but was stolen. She also carried that gun as a police officer so she can handle a gun. Also thinking of the Springfield EMP.

Offline dwight0122

Re: Kahr Arms or Springfield EMP
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 05:30:49 PM »
I have a Kahr CW-9. Bought it used and have shot it about 200 times. Shot by previous owner about 200 times he said and he decided he had to have a S&W 1911 instead. I really like it, acurate ,no jams and easy to conceal. Extra mags are expensive. Kahr says that you need to shoot their guns at least 200 rounds because they are so tight but my gunsmith buddy said that should be done with any carry gun to insure no problems, seems like common sense to me. Not sure about the Springfield EMP, the Springfield XP is a great gun but not as compact as the Kahr.

Offline leverfan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 07:18:12 AM »
My wife and I both like Kahr pistols.  About a week ago, I asked about the Springfield EMP at my local gun shop.  If I remember correctly, I was quoted a price of over $900, and it didn't sound like the pistol would be available quickly.  I haven't asked at other gun shops yet, and I haven't seen any on display to handle.

Edit to add:
I just checked the prices on gunbroker, and my dealer wasn't trying to soak me.  The "buy it now" prices for an EMP are well in excess of $900.  If it could be had for under $650, and was more widely available, I would love to get one and try it out.
NRA life member

Offline ccoorreeyy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 03:13:39 PM »
I have a kahr pm40 and could not be more happy with it.  I carry it everyday in a smartcarry inside the pants holster (which i also love and would highly recommend to any body that wants a comfortable concealed holster.)  I wear it from 6am untill around 10pm daily.
This is the day that the Lord hath made!!  I will rejoice and be glad in it!!

Offline RedneckRepairs

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 04:30:04 PM »
I have a Kahr p9 and a pm9 and love them both . Nice thin carry guns with acceptable accuracy .

Offline a1huntingsupply

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • A-1 Hunting and Shooting Supply
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 04:31:22 PM »
They are both excellent guns.

The EMP's are very hard to find right now and as you said they are pretty expensive. A friend of mine bought a PM40 six months ago and had to send the magazines back to Kahr. They said they switched manufactures because they had some quality issues. They had excellent customer service and the gun functions perfectly with the new magazines.

No matter which one you choose make sure you put plenty of rounds through it to make sure it’s totally reliable.

Offline chucky52

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 04:48:44 PM »
I'm wondering if one is supposed to carry the EMP, condition one or is it DAO?

Offline superjay01

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 06:32:58 PM »
I just got a Kahr K40 used, and I love it. I never would have dreamed that a gun as small as a kahr would be as accurate as it is. I have many different cc guns but now the only thing I'm going to be carrying is the Kahr.
Chance favors the prepared mind