Author Topic: Misc. Ebay dies  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Coltwind

• Trade Count: (0)
Misc. Ebay dies
« on: March 17, 2007, 09:17:23 PM »
Hi All,

I just started to learn about swaging and find it very interesting.  I like the AR varients Cals the 50 beowulf and 6.5 grendal.  I don't have any equipment to do reloading or swaging.  I was looking at e-bay and saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300088618396&rd=1&rd=1

does anyone have a clue as to who the maker or how old these dies are? or what press they would fit on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, if one of you are also watching this item.

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Misc. Ebay dies
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 05:52:35 AM »
   Prior owned swage dies, like anything else, should be bought from someone who knows exactly what they are selling so a full description can be  asked for and received, or otherwise a money back guarentee is in the cards. As far as who made these dies go, it could have been some of the 20 or so makers in the business during the 1960s-'80s. RCBS was one of those makers... as a matter of fact that firm got started making .224s from .22rf cases during the '40s. Some of those "reloading press " dies ( and this is what's being sold here) soon wore out and would make oversized ( or out-of-round) bullets now. You would have to make a few 'test' bullets with the dies to see how they work. And, don't let all those parts cloud your judgement if you don't have any idea how or why they are used. No parts are a better deal that a bunch of worthless ones, especially if you are going to spend $100s on them. Bottom line: ask the seller all the questions you have and if you don't get the answer you were looking for, pass on the sale. Do not assume anything.  8)

Offline Coltwind

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 07:10:01 AM »
Thanks Talon,

I'm just going to be a fly on the wall on this item. 

Offline WILDCATT

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 12:17:23 PM »
SOLD