Author Topic: WINCHESTER MONDEL 140 SEMI-AUTO?????  (Read 754 times)

Offline coondogger

• Trade Count: (0)
WINCHESTER MONDEL 140 SEMI-AUTO?????
« on: April 06, 2007, 02:30:12 PM »
I just traded a crossbow for a winchester 12 guage model 140 with four chokes an i know nothing about it and was wandering if anyone knows anything about it, why it was discontinued, and if it had any ejection problems. It shoots a pretty tight pattern and is in mint condition. ;D

Offline wink_man

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: WINCHESTER MONDEL 140 SEMI-AUTO?????
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 04:05:41 PM »
Sounds to me like you did some good horse trading. The Winchester 140 was the forerunner to the 1400 semi series. I don't know why they were discontinued, perhaps because they weren't able to compete with the more popular Remington 1100?? They also didn't get good press from gunwriters which I'm sure didn't help. One report I read stated that they were voted the most unreliable semi auto shotgun ever made. Not that I have very much faith in gunwriters, or the gun rags. I tend to believe people that own and and are out hunting with a particular gun, and everyone I know that has a 140/1400 loves it and seems to have no problems with them. So if the gun is pristine, and shoots a tight pattern, smile and use it. Ya did good.
Garry
'Life is to short to hang with an ugly woman, or hunt with an ugly gun' - Garry
'It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't' Ronald Reagan
Just ask an American Indian what happens when you let immigration get out of hand.

Offline coondogger

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: WINCHESTER MONDEL 140 SEMI-AUTO?????
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 10:36:41 AM »
Yep. As a matter of fact today i got some cheap federal 7 1/2 cheap stuff an was blasting chickadees at around 20-30 yds. I have shot it around 30 times and have had only 1 jam! Pretty good for the most unrealiable  gun. But i also have a moss 5500 12gauge and if they would have said that about that gun i would have beleived them. But it shoots a super tight pattern with a .640 tube.