Author Topic: Anybody out there with CZ 75 experience?  (Read 1269 times)

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
Anybody out there with CZ 75 experience?
« on: June 11, 2003, 03:44:41 PM »
I bought a CZ 75 B in 9 mm 6 months ago and have been very impressed with it.  Reliable, and accurate enough that I plan to do some hunting with it, amazing for a fixed sited military gun.  It made all of my other handguns look 2nd rate in comparision. :-D

I am thinking of getting one in .40 SW.  It seems odd that the Outdoors chatroom discusses other makes, but not much on the CZs.  Am I just lucky to have multiple suppliers near me?  

Anybody have any good or bad experience with their handguns?

Thanks

Offline deerhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 01:37:30 AM »
I picked one up and I'm very happy with it.  Mine is very accurate too.  It is built like a tank.  The only thing I wish I got on mine is a decocker.  When you want to carry it loaded with a round in the chamber, the only way to do it is to hold the hammer and pull the trigger and lower the hammer SLOWLY all the way down.  If you release the trigger before you go past the half cock, you must pull the trigger again and pull the hammer all the way back and lower it again.

Remember to keep it pointed somewhere safe when you do it.

Offline Tom C.

• Contributor
CZ-75
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 04:24:07 AM »
I have had a CZ-75 for over 10 yrs (I think). Mine has a trigger job and a set of Bomar sights. When I was moving a few years ago, my realtor didn't like my reloading setup, so I broke out the CZ and got a 1000 rds. of S&B ammo and used it for IPSC that summer and didn't bother to pick up the brass. It is finally getting broken in. Shoots very nicely, very reliable, but minor caliber. I would like to get a pair of the nice checkered wood grips and the extended mag release, but haven't yet.
Tom

Offline eroyd

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 06:31:39 AM »
Everyone seems to like CZ 75's. I'm thinking of getting one in 40. I like the looks of the CZ97B (45 ACP) version but suspect it's overly bulky having a 10 rd. magazine. I've never handled one, has anyone?

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
I checked out the .45 CZ at a gunshow.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 01:41:34 PM »
I was thinking of the .45 cal CZ, I think it is called the model 97.  When I checked it out at the Winter gunshow it seemed to have a different grip shape compared to the CZ-75, and it is bigger.  The .45 ACP cartridge chambered for it does kick alot in most handguns, so that made sense for it to have a larger frame.  But I like the shape and feel of the CZ-75 better.

I installed a recoil buffer from Buffertech before I shot my CZ-75, new out of the box, to protect the frame from the slide impact that all semi-auto pistols deal with.  I also found that my CZ-75 does not seem to like the Russian steel cased ammo as well as my Taurus 92 (Beretta clone) does.  I suspect that there is closer tolerances with the Czech gun which accounts for the much better accuracy.  I now only use brass cased ammo in my CZ.

I also read that the elite Russian commando team "Spetznatz" (similar to our Delta Force) uses CZ-75s.

There is also a .22 cal. rimfire slide conversion kit for the CZ-75.  One of my fellow shooting club members has it to shoot both 9 mm and .22 r.f. in his CZ-75.  I may get one of those too!   :grin:

Offline securitysix

• A Real Regular
CZ pistols
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 04:58:26 AM »
You'll rarely find someone who has anything bad to say about any CZ pistols, especially the CZ-75 series. I have a 75B in 9mm and love it.

As for the CZ-97, I'm sure it's a fine weapon, as I have not heard anything bad from the owners of it.  I have never fired one, but have handled several.  My problem with them is that they don't fit my hand very well, but I have smallish hands.  If you're wanting a CZ style pistol in .45 ACP and can't get the 97 to fit your hand, look at the EAA Witness or the Jericho/Baby Eagle.  Both are available in .45 ACP and have great reputations.  They also fit my smallish hands better.

Offline IronMonkey

97B
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 07:20:02 AM »
I have shot the 97 b and I must say that I love it.  Recoil is really manageable.  I swear that gun is so well made that it recoils less than my 40.  I have huge hands so size is almost too small.  I used to want only a 1911 but am now considering the 97 if I can ever sell enough of my stuff to pay for it.  Dan
Gun control is shooting 40x40!

Offline The Shrink

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 01:03:05 AM »
Don't have one, but two years ago I spent some time on Makarov.com, and they were supporting the CZ75 as well.  You might check it out.
Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!