Author Topic: Trucking--"You Say You Want a Revolution."  (Read 630 times)

TM7

Trucking--"You Say You Want a Revolution."
« on: April 12, 2007, 02:19:59 AM »
De-facto immigration policy leads to more displaced Americans and more danger on the road....better check your auto insurance!  Remember the O'Reilly vs. Rivera clash on drunk illegal drivers?

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd262.htm

......TM7

Offline beemanbeme

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Trucking--"You Say You Want a Revolution."
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 06:45:15 AM »
I've had uninsured motorist insurance as long as I've had insurance.  Which is a loooooong time.  It ain't just the illegals you gotta worry about. 

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 06:53:07 AM »
This stuff has been going on for years. We had an incident here in the Toledo area around '93 or '94, where a semi driver was drousy, didn't slow down when traffic on the expressway came to a crawl, and smashed into a mini van, killing the 2 children in the back, and the mother who driving. This was right after Clinton signed NAFTA. But, I'm not going to blame him, as I remember Bush 1 wanted to sign it, but was voted out before it came up. The driver was Mexican, barely spoke English, didn't have a CDL, which at the time, was pretty easy to get. They ended up deporting the illegal, and the family sued the trucking outfit, but I can't remember if or how that turned out. Really doesn't matter, 3 dead because of greedy politicians and business. I hope the truckers strike wakes somebody up in Washington. Actually they all need a swift kick in the a** to shake them up. We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01)gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 10:48:12 AM »
One of my LEO friend said the conservative estimate is 98% of the illegals have no drivers license, and a similar number have no insurance.  This has been the norm for longer than I care to remember.  But as gypsyman said, this has been going on for years, not only with the illegals, but with American citizens too.

Many states have laws that are designed to prevent this, but they don't work.  Here in Texas one must show proof of insurance to obtain a license plate for the vehicle. My wife has been an insurance agent for many years, she says "they come in and apply for insurance, the agency writes a binder good for thirty days and sends them a bill for the premium.  The individual takes the binder to the Tax Assessor-Collector, gets his license plate, and never pays for the insurance which is canceled after thirty days.  There are no provisions for the insurance company to notify the state that the person does not have insurance, (sometimes they may transfer to another company, but rarely) so that person continues to drive with out any coverage.  

Approximately 25 years ago I lived in a curve on a very busy road.  During the period we lived there, we had six vehicles totaled in three different accident.  In one my twenty-one foot Skeeter Bass Boat was also totaled, , and in another over ten thousand dollars in damage was done to my home after one of my vehicles was knocked through the wall.  In this accident, the guy was not only drunk, he was driving a stolen car, was an illegal immigrant, and a convicted felon who had been deported, yet returned to the states.  He was not charged with driving the vehicle, or causing the accident because no one could place him behind the wheel, yet he was the only one there after the accident, bloody, and stumbling around trying to get out of the vehicle when my son and I went out to see what was going on after hearing the crash.

While I agree, a lot of the apes on the road with no license, or insurance, are American, I think today the majority are illegal.

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 02:12:53 PM »
A friend of mine is a truck driver and he said a large majority of the HAZMAT trucks are driven by foreigners. Makes ya feel real safe, now don't it??? POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »
You can thank Bush and his cronies for this, he was one of the major players in getting the NAFTA plan passed.  Gov. Perry has tuned in and is in the process of getting a super highway built all the way from Brownsville, TX to the Canadian border by a Spanish and Australian Company, and allowing them to run it as a toll road.

I have been on the soap box for a long period now, asking everyone who will listen to write, or call their elected officials and tell them we do not want, or need this toll road.  This will be an open door for unsafe trucks, unlicensed drivers, in-experienced drivers, and uninsured vehicles to cross our country at will.  

We currently have a major problem with the illegal immigrants, this will only add to the problem.  My question to everyone is, "When are you going to stand up and do something about it?"

Bottom line.  You can rattle your jaws all day, but if you are not rattling them to someone that can make changes, you have done nothing.  GO to Immigrationinfo@numbersusa.com, join the group, and start shooting the phone calls and messages to your congressman/senator.  Who knows, it may even help you keep the job and retirement you have worked for.

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 03:46:06 PM »
There's a house on a sharp curve near Columbia, MO that has three minivan-sized boulders in the front yard. Not as driver-friendly as the impact-absorbing collision barriers placed in front of bridge columns, but they keep the house safe. ;D

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 10:06:12 AM »
This one has been coming for awhile these Mexican trucks dont even have to meet USDOT regs. They even have proposal to make   I 35 an international highway linking Mexico to Canada.
Wont that be sweet to have the death and drug traffic road cutting right the middle of my state.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356