Author Topic: Do you know who Carolyn McCarthy is? You should.  (Read 661 times)

Offline azshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Do you know who Carolyn McCarthy is? You should.
« on: April 19, 2007, 07:26:06 AM »
She is the Democrat that introduced the "new" assault weapons bill.  She also just introduced a ban on high capacity mags after the VT shooting.

Best of all is her knowledge of her own bills.  This is a must see of an interview of her from yesterday.

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/04/18/video-carolyn-mccarthy-doesnt-understand-her-own-gun-control-legislation/

Edit If that link does not work use this one
http://www.deletedyoutube.ftvteen.com/?v=ospNRk2uM3U

Or this one

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U#GU5U2spHI_4

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: Do you know who Carolyn McCarthy is? You should.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 08:03:49 AM »
They cut a past words and don't even know what they are talking about. Typical of them Democraps and anti-gun nuts.  ::)
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 11:29:08 AM »
I know who she is.....she's a nut that has no common sense and a liberal dimwit!  >:(
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 03:29:19 PM »
What a moron!  She has no clue and what's worst is people actually voted this sorry human being into office.  I'm glad that the news guy pushed the issue about asking her if she even knew what a barrel shroud was. 

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 04:28:38 PM »
Her husband and son were both shot on the Long Island Rail Road in NY by some nut who sprayed the train with his auto pistol. She then ran for office and was elected based on her crusade to ban ALL guns.
I feel for the woman on her loss but instead of pushing for tougher penalties on these nuts and gangsters she has gone after every legitimate gun owner. Nothing will satisfy her until every firearm is destroyed in the US.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 11:14:24 PM »
  Every gun in the US will never be destroyed...only the guns of those who choose to obey unconstitutional law...

Shucks; too often governors and state policemen choose not to obey laws they INFLICT on others..

Look at NJ Gov Corsine the other day..refused to wear his seat belt..his poop-boy trooper refused to obey speed limits...

I wonder if decent citizens of NJ  EVER get ticketed with failing to wear their seat belt or exceeding the speed limit ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 12:49:43 AM »
I see a couple of 'fall-outs' from this, especially in light of some of the comments made by leading anti-gun democraps after the shootings.  The comments were on the level of 'this is a time for grieving and we will deal with the gun issue later' because most of those anti-gun people realize this really isn't a gun issue.

I believe the failures here will land squarely on the shoulders of the educational and mental health systems in Va.  The educational system should have policy and procedure in effect to provide information on treatment to the state mental health authority, who should have the obligation to share that with law authorities.  Had the college shared cho's mental health background with the state and had the state centralized that information for use by law enforcement, and had Va a NICS requirement, the kid wouldn't have gotten his guns legally.  And I think that's whay the anti-gunners are so quiet about this. 

This is not the fault of the pro-gun groups, this is the fault of the state of Virginia for not mandating that all mental health treatment data be submitted to a central archive, for not mandating that any mental health treatment provided on or by college campuses be reported to that archive and for not having a NICS background check (this last is one of the reasons bloomberg of nyc went about his famous sting operation).  Now, since the anti-gunners cannot blame the NRA or guns in general, they keep their mouths shut.  Even the psychiatrist interviewed said simply - you can not predict the actions of a madman, and cho was mad. 

Sadly, few of the anti-gunners will ever show condolence for the victims or their families.  JMTCW.  Mikey.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 01:38:51 AM »
Sad, but I don't think this could have EVER  been prevented--not in a democracy where individual rights are protected.
Suspecting that someone is a nut and can go wild is not criteria for anything. this would lead us to a situation of determining who is competent to decide and then THEY become God.
Folks--life happens in a nano instant. I might be considered a nut and confided if I happen too anger or disagree with the wrong God.
This idea that an agency can properly define someone who WILL be dangerous is beyond belief.
You may judge me for what I do but you have no right to judge me for what you are afraid I might do.
We have too live life as it happens.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 03:21:13 AM »
I'll have to disagree on that it would have happened anyway. It might have got started, but it didn't have to be as bad as it was. VT college was instrumental in stopping a bill at the Virginia legislature on wanting to be a gun free zone so the students would feel safe and secure. Some of us know that gun free zones are the areas that are picked out by people wanting to do things like that. Some others don't understand that concept. If some of the people on campus that had legally obtained concealed carry permits were allowed to carry, they could have prevented some of that, but they were left like fish in a barrel. And the shooter had been checked out by a psychiatrist and found to be  mentally unstable and questionable on doing harm to others, but yet they sent him back to school without informing anyone about it because they wanted to protect his privacy rights. All the warning signs had been there all alone for this guy from back in his high school days and yet, he still is allowed on campus as a student. Even two of his own professors had brought it up. His English professor reported him to the authorities that everything he wrote was about murder and killing people. They shrugged that off as insignificant. His science professor had went to the school and told them to have him removed from his class as there was a problem with him and he thought he might do bodily harm to the other students. That was also shrugged off. The warning signs were there and they were discarded by those in charge. If it had been noted on NCIS records of his visit with the psychiatrist, he would have never passed the background check to buy the gun he used, but it wasn't and we now know what the results were.

AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 04:07:11 AM »
All these politicians and journalists like to say that "we live in a free and open society, but...."  The but is that none of them really believe in a free and open society.  In such a society there are risks, just as there are in any kind of society.  At least in a truly free and open society, people should be free to have the means to protect and defend themselves.  We will never be without risks, but given enough freedom we should be able to limit the risks.
Swingem

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 05:50:53 AM »
Her husband and son were both shot on the Long Island Rail Road in NY by some nut who sprayed the train with his auto pistol. She then ran for office and was elected based on her crusade to ban ALL guns.
I feel for the woman on her loss but instead of pushing for tougher penalties on these nuts and gangsters she has gone after every legitimate gun owner. Nothing will satisfy her until every firearm is destroyed in the US.

That's unfortunate and I feel for her loss, but I agree with you in that she should be pushing for tougher penalties for the bad guys.

I'm truly concerned for what the knee jerk reaction will be on gun control.  Our country has a history of taking things to the other extreme once something bad happens.  I hope everyone is able to take a moment and think things through before they act. 

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 12:19:39 PM »
The warning signs were there and they were discarded by those in charge. If it had been noted on NCIS records of his visit with the psychiatrist, he would have never passed the background check to buy the gun he used, but it wasn't and we now know what the results were.

Mtman, those points you bring up are the true situation.  This NICS check is BS and has been since Sarah Brady sponsored it.  She too was in a similar situation to McCarthy.  But, wait a minute, didn't Bill Clinton in presidential debates flatly state that the Brady Bill's provision of NICS prevented over 10,000 felons from purchasing firearms?  Only 3 felons were prosecuted for a violation of federal firearms law by attempting to purchase a firearm, yet with the name and address on the form, it was too difficult to apprehend the other felons under his administration.  What makes one think the NICS check would have stopped this tragedy had his background been recorded?  We have to hold our elected officials to facts and the fact is that one is responsible for his/her/their actions.  The blame is on the wrongdoer not the tool, cartoon, poison, car, knife, firearm, or letter. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.