Author Topic: Scores Killed, Hundreds Injured As Para-Military Extremists Riot  (Read 546 times)

Offline azshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Scores Killed, Hundreds Injured As Para-Military Extremists Riot

BOSTON, April 19 - Federal troops, units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned "assault weapons" were ambushed today by elements of a paramilitary extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimated that 72 were killed and more that 20 injured before government forces were forced to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist militia, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices.

The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons. Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week.

The decision followed a meeting in early April between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms. One government official, speaking on condition of annonymity, pointed out that "none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned their weapons over voluntarily."

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily armed extremists who had been tipped off in the night regarding the government's plans.

During a tense standoff in Lexington's town park, Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, locals blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilain deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the federal units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces overmatched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor has also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops. Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who had been identified as "ringleaders" of the extremist faction remain at large.

Edit - sorry I had to fix the link...

More Here

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Scores Killed, Hundreds Injured As Para-Military Extremists Riot
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 03:05:53 PM »
Hmmmmmmm. Interesting.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline azshooter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 05:48:44 AM »
> 40 reads and only one comment.  I thought it was pretty interesting way to write up the account on the anniversary of the event.  I showed my daughter who is taking journalism class and she finally caught on at the end of the article. 

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 05:59:29 AM »
Antogony recapitulates falogony - history repeats itself.

We're not there yet, but with everything going on we could be there in a hurry.  It was late last night when I came across your post and for the first few sentences that it was a current event.   :o  Thanks for sharing.

Offline S.S.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 06:04:34 AM »
E-Mail that to your local politicians ;)
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline Hooker

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 07:47:49 AM »
Those men that stood upon that green have always been my favorite heroes.
Common men against a well trained army out gunned and out matched. Their bravery gives me chills and fills me with pride to be an American.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline deltecs

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 12:38:32 PM »
Seems that Sourdough is right on with one of his posts stating that all military type weapons are "assault weapons" and subsequent civilian derivations is accurate.  It is obvious though that the government in power seeks to secure and maintain this position by implementation of laws that prohibit firearms.  The Second Amendment as written clearly recognized the duality points as indicated in the article.  The first part of it recognized the military application and the last part of it promised that the inherent RTBA would not be ignored.  If this article isn't enough to convince the Anti's that firearms possession and use is an individual right as seen by the founders, I don't know what does.  I think the best way to put it has been said before.  A man who voluntarily gives up his weapons for the sake of security and peace deserves neither.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 11:17:59 AM »
The implimentation of gun laws shows that Government is afraid of the people.  Without gun control there can be no people control. 

I was listening to a local radio talk show last week.  He had talked with some Japanese people that had partisipated in WWII.  The only reason the Japanese did not attack the US on the west coast of California, Oragon, and Washington, was that they had information that every Americian home had a shotgun behind every front door.  I found that to be very interesting.   
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.