Author Topic: sling shot Self Defense ??  (Read 929 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
sling shot Self Defense ??
« on: June 28, 2007, 06:12:00 AM »
well on Monday  i was out hunting rats and coon by the train tracks with my slingshot , when a homeless man came out of the woods and follow me. then i hear him running and he has a knife in his hand. I tell him to stop and he don't so i give him a taste of my slingshot with 38cal steel ball to the hand. it hits and 2 of he fingers are all mess up.  He starte cuss and goes for that knife again and i draw but and say" were do you want it in the head or the balls because i am vasiti zaitsez with this" he put it down and i tell him to walk in found of me tell we get back to my friend hourse and and if you try anything i will take the other fingers off. i walk him back and i call the cops when i get back to my Friends hourse. the cops came, i took them what happen and they take him to get his hand looked at(it looked as if someone took a hammer to it). There has always been homeless man out by those tracks and they leave people alone most times but there is some cazys out there. the slingshot as you can read is powerful and i have used it to kill lots of things(from coyotes to rats) but i would have like to have my .22 rifle or 12ga or any gun for this but you use what you got.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline coopershooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Re: sling shot Self Defense ??
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:10:51 AM »
the world is a safer place because your in it, i rest easy at night knowing your on the case.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 02:16:47 PM »
no for real man. Most of those homeless people are harmless. there just a few that are crazy. I did have spray (in-case of dogs or wild animals) but i was faster with the slingshot. I have fish there( There a large lake) and no one start anything.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline coopershooter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 04:39:11 PM »
yea' i used to live in the burg, there's some undesirables around.

Offline Skunk

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 05:50:25 PM »
Good shooting there jamaldog87!!

I would not mess with you if you were packing that sling shot. ;)

Skunk
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 07:04:15 AM »
it's powerful but you better be a sniper with that thing cause if you miss you die. I can get off about 6-10 well aim shots off in a min.  I do have a Beretta model 1934  but my dad got that over in the first gulf war and it not reg. so i don't carry it and i only 20 not 21.

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 04:42:50 AM »
Good for you man, you had a situation and you delt with it very well!
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline S.S.

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 04:26:53 PM »
This past winter, my brother and I were walking one of the roads on our property.
he almost always has his slingshot. bare in mind he is 45 years old and we have used slingshots since we were kids. He is quite good with his. He smacked a stray German Shepard so hard that it sounded
like a catchers mit being hit by a fast ball. Turned the dog in mid stride at about 80 paces.
A former associate of mine had fought with the Irish Republican Army. They used 4 and 6 tube
sling shots against the British Occupation troops to great effect. They can easily be as effective
as a small caliber handgun. Those kids in Beiruit were pretty good too. They used slings (David and Goliath fame) and could drop a half a brick on you from 100 meters and pretty much choose if they
wanted to hit you in the head or the feet. A coke bottle full of gas with a burning sock in the spout
was always fun too. Especially in a narrow street. Ancient weapons are just as deadly as they ever were.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".