Author Topic: Nasty recoil  (Read 345 times)

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
Nasty recoil
« on: April 30, 2007, 03:03:12 PM »
 This may be a rerun, but it was posted on another site, and I noticed most of shooters displayed poor shooting stance.
When I commented on it I was told that I did not have any brains. I'm not taking away from the power generated by this cartridge, it is obviously very nasty. But the shooters seem to be making it worse than it should be with their poor shooting stance.
I'm by no means an expert, but I have shot my share of nasties. Starting at age 9 my uncles thought it would be funny to let me shoot a 416 Rigby. Which knocked me flat and gave dads brothers quite a laugh. My dad was a bit upset with them but dad being dad picked me up and showed me how to stand with my gun shoulder forward of my hip weight on my left foot cheek planted firmly on the stock firm grip puling the butt snug to the shoulder. He said" now take aim and fire" it rocked me back but I didn't drop the gun and I was standing after the shot. Anyway watch the video and tell me I don't have any brains

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/16789 

Pat ;D
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline deerslayer79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Nasty recoil
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 03:45:50 PM »
Now that is some high quality entertainment right there  ;D ;D....
beer,check ammo,check gun,DAMMIT,I knew I forgot somethin!!

Offline Dusty Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nasty recoil
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 07:53:04 AM »
That puppy was a .577!!  They need to put in a little practice with the 450 Nitro Express first!! :D
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!