Author Topic: Pentax Gameseeker  (Read 1465 times)

Offline jmckinley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Pentax Gameseeker
« on: November 16, 2006, 05:34:17 AM »
 :o I just purchased the Gameseeker on ebay from Fox Optics for $ 100.00 wuth free shipping and what a great buy. Their rangefinding reticle does exactly what they say easy to clear as a bell are really a great scope for the money. It is another very good scope for the econony minded.  Jess
Jess

Offline peakoftherut

Re: Pentax Gameseeker
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 06:28:10 PM »
The little I have heard about these scopes is positive,  I have thought about giving on a try. The 1.5-6 looks interesting but I am a little leery about a 4x multiplier in a cheap scope. What power range did you order?

Offline jmckinley

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 08:17:09 AM »
I got a 3-9X40 and think it's the best buy on the market for the money. Crystal clear. Jess
Jess

Offline Whitey66

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 08:14:44 AM »
I bought a Pentax Gameseeker 3x9x40 this last month. I mounted it easily, went to the range and within 3 shots had it on zero. I shot for 3 different days working up loads on my 308win. Stout loads. I used the 200 yard stadia (hash) and it was right on. I moved the windage and elevation adjustments purposely and poi moved right where it should. I reset it and it was dead on the money. After 3 days of kicking and jarring and it held steady right on zero. 1/2inch 3 shot groups. Hunted with it last week and amazed for its value how well it gathered light in early morning and well past dark. Seemed clear to the edges. Shot a deer on second day of season and put it right in the boiler room. I don't think you can beat this scope on the market in its bracket.  I would compare it with scopes costing 100 to 200 dollars more. It also has the Pentax "No Worry" Lifetime warranty" even if its your fault. We all know that Pentax is highly regarded in the optics field and has been for many years. I did hear that Pentax and Burris was produced under the same umbrella.

Offline jmckinley

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 09:42:31 AM »
I certainly agree with that. I am looking for the 4-16X50 to mount on my 22-250 dogs and other varmints, I'll then put my 3-9x40 on my new Handi 25-06 Ultra Hunter. Jess ;D
Jess

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 01:39:01 PM »
 if i recall they are made by burris for them i believe................ might be wrong

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 09:44:58 AM »
Hey Jess, are you still happy with your scope?  I've been looking at them, haven't made the decision yet though.  What rifle did you put it on?

Offline jmckinley

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 07:04:33 AM »
Yes I am it has held zero and will buy another one before I'm done. It is a great scope for the dollar. I havemore Trophy's than anyting else, but i like this one equally as well. Jess
Jess

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 10:30:19 AM »
How's it do in the low light, dawn and dusk?  I want to try one, but it almost seems to be too good of a deal, you know?

Offline jmckinley

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 02:26:31 AM »
How's it do in the low light, dawn and dusk?  I want to try one, but it almost seems to be too good of a deal, you know?
The scope did fine in the early morning and late afternoon. This scope is one of the best buys on the market and well worth the investment. Sorry it took so long to answer the question i just had read the post in awhile. Jess
Jess