Author Topic: Dummy of the Year Award  (Read 313 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Dummy of the Year Award
« on: May 12, 2007, 02:10:48 PM »
I went to a flea market they have in town every year today and While looking over the tables I spied an illegal gun sitting on the table. I walked up to the guy who I thought was running the tables and said these your tables he said yea so I told him "you have some thing on your table that could get you in trouble. Well weirdo that he was he went into a lingo about no one bothering him because he knew Karate ect. I laughed and said no you do not understand you have an illegal weapon on your table. He said what do you mean???? I told him you have a sawed off rifle on your table made into a pistol which is highly illegal and a felony to possess. I would get it off your table now before you get your ass in a sling. He still does not get it and says I do not know what the problem is I do not even have any bullets for it? DUH I told him does not matter the gun is illegal to possess. He said I bought it from an antique dealer and I am selling as such. I told him does not matter who you bought it from it is illegal to own or possess by Federal Law. I walked away and I saw a guy I knew looking at it and he overheard our conversation so I do not know if he bought it dumbass if he did or if the guy put it away? Later I walked back and it was gone off the table. Anyway it was a Remington Single shot bolt action 22 cut down to about a 5 inch barrel and the stock formed into a pistol shape like the old black powder pistols. I never thought I would see something like that there. Go figure.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Dummy of the Year Award
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 02:37:47 PM »
Sure does make one wonder why a person is so hesitant...when someone tries to give him a friendly "heads up"...

Let's hope that the fellow approaching him as you left his table, reassured the seller that you were indeed correct..and the seller "smartened up" fast..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dummy of the Year Award
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 02:52:10 PM »
Yea Ironglow who knows for all I know that fellow I know may have offered him some money for it even though it is illegal. ??? ??? ??? Folks do some dumb things and maybe he thought he could get it and never get caught who knows? All I know is when I went about ten min later it was gone. What I normally do is go through a flea market as fast as I can (Which is not very fast LOL ) the first time around then slow down and look again. Same with rummage sales I know if you snooze ya loose.  ;D
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.