Author Topic: Newbie and New 7-08 Handi  (Read 300 times)

Offline Strick28

• Trade Count: (0)
Newbie and New 7-08 Handi
« on: May 06, 2007, 04:00:50 PM »
New to the forum but not to shooting.  Been doing that for years but it's always been mainly bolt.  For several years I have always wanted to try a Handi but just never picked one up.  Well I found a deal on a new 7-08 and grabbed it.  Put a scope on her, polished the barrel with JB and read everything I could here.  I also put the o ring on the fore end stud as described and off to the range with some factory 140's.  Man was I surprised when I left the range with her sighted in and some decent groups for factory ammo.  I believe I am sold on this one.  While the trigger is crisp and no creep for stock (5lbs) I think I'll tune it a bit.  I also need to start working up some loads for this rifle as my other 7-08 has a 26" barrel.  Anyone have any good recipes to start out with?

Offline holahead

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Newbie and New 7-08 Handi
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 04:07:37 PM »
Welcome to this great site lots of good guys here and very smart on this handis. Thats good to hear about that 7mm-08 I come real close to getting one myself a few months ago but got the 243 Superlight instead. I think I can see a 7mm-08 some where down the road. ;D

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
Re: Newbie and New 7-08 Handi
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 05:01:02 PM »

Strick, Welcome to the forums here and the wonderful world of Handi-holics.
 Now you are infected, no telling what will follow you home. Good luck.
 Marv.