Author Topic: Ultra 243 i think its a keeper!!!!!!!!  (Read 447 times)

Offline handi243

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
Ultra 243 i think its a keeper!!!!!!!!
« on: May 11, 2007, 11:21:16 AM »
Just returned from the range i shot some PMC 85gr hollow points first it shot them about 8" high and to the left from were i had it set at about a 2" group this was with the rifle resting on the hinge I then used some fed blue/gray box 100gr soft points i put on my harris bipod that i use. It then shot about 3" high and 1" to the left(i first set this rifle up in the cold weather its about 85 here today) I didn't have a caliper with me but i did take a pic with my phone really got to start loading for this. By the way i  have a tasco 3-9x40 scope on this. I worked at a store for a couple years i tried to sell these rifles to people everyone said these are kids rifle or they will not shoot. One guy came back with one saying it was shooting all over the place so we traded it back in on a bolt gun i sold it a couple days later to a teenage he ended up killing 3 deer in one season with it. ;D

Offline statelinerut

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: Ultra 243 i think its a keeper!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 04:07:34 PM »
You will love that rifle in the deer woods. I have taken quite a few whitetail with my Handi 243 using the Federal Fusion 95 grain. I wont go in the woods without my Handi.
"For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

"Upon a life I did not live, upon a death I did not die; anothers life, anothers death, I stake my whole eternity." Horatius Bonar