Author Topic: Citizen for Secure Borders  (Read 1433 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Citizen for Secure Borders
« on: June 04, 2007, 07:56:55 AM »
A short snap-shot of those Congress wants to make citizens.  Can they not see the forest for the trees?

http://www.citizensforasecureborder.org/facts.aspx

Offline magooch

Re: Citizen for Secure Borders
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 03:54:14 AM »
I believe that the President and the Congress do want to try to do something about the problem, but they are being unrealistic about what will work.  I'm sure they realize that just because they pass some new laws and regulations, that doesn't mean that everything will work just fine.  The problem is that they feel like they have to do something and that "something" has to try to address a myriad of issues that most of us don't care about, but will have very real consequences on us and this country.

It's time to do the right thing--the thing that might actually work and that is, control the borders.  They have to be serious enough about it to use force--whatever force is necessary.  If Mexico doesn't like that--too bad.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 04:34:50 AM »
you can bail the boat until hell freezes over but if you don't plug the leak the boat will still sink !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 05:17:36 AM »
It has nothing to do with Mexico having problems with border control.  The Mexican government supports the US government, because they want to stay on our good side.  That doesn't mean they are going to do anything to control the border, because that costs them money, plus they have good old US dollars coming back to mexico. 

The problem with our government is that they are looking at it from the opposite side of the people...  what was it.. of the people, by the people, and for the people...(I think the senate needs a history lesson)  Because if you spend more money on control, and then also miss out on cheap labor, you are making a bad busines out of it.  So our government wants to make their money, and still look like they are supporting the people of the US by making new border control measures that really don't do a whole lot.

Leaving citizens of the US with our own opinions, that nobody cares about, cause our opinions cost them money.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 07:20:51 AM »
We the people is who it cost not them , Mexico dosen't have a border problem - nobody want in ! and if they did they would go to jail !
Would you walk 800 miles , cross a desert and risk arrest for a lower paying job ? thats why mexico dosen't have a border problem !
We the people do , either close it or legalize it no real hard problem ! the hard part is how to do something and fool the public into still voting for you ! and that my friend is the rub !

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 09:40:11 AM »
Hell SHOOTALL, we have been discussing this on the other thread. D.C. from the president on down thinks we're stupid. They pass a few meaningless bills that only affect the American citizen, throw out a little propaganda, and get the vote. The lesser or two evils on whom to vote for. The one whom is only slightly more for us than the other candidate.
Every thing said so far is the truth. It's just a matter of how much BS one can digest on a national scale, before the public finally gets enough. I for one am ready when the rest of you are.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 09:58:15 AM »
   Guys we`re not going to win this.  "We the people" just pay the freight. The politicians, orchestrated by the
    lobby faction, have a .........stay in power focus.
    The country is venting over this issue and they, The elected ones, are saying they have a plan or better yet ,
     a solution.
     They are going to drag out the past (1986 or so) failed immigration bill. Dust it off.  Change the date.
      Add a little language and a fence. Plus, Green cards, worker permits and more benefits to assist them in their
      quest  to become better Mexicans living in the US of A. 
     Seems like a good plan if your a..............illegal. 
      One other thing. Back in 1986 how many illegals were here?  You do the math.
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 02:06:54 PM »
DEE you are dead center right !
savage .250 thats what the BRITISH THOUGHT BEFORE THE TEA PARTY !

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 02:52:02 PM »
  How about a monetary "tea party"? Lets say if this bill passes 20 to 30 % of tax paying middle Americans change their with holding on their W4's. There are not enough IRS agents to collect the money from that many people protesting our governments taxation without representation. I'm thinking that if the immigration bill passes we need to start a protest unlike any seen in this country since 1776.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 03:37:22 PM »
we can't get enough voters to show up and elect someone worth electing , change a w4 , you think people who wouldn't walk across the street to watch a pi-- ant eat a bail of strw would do paper work !
good idea though !

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 09:02:56 AM »
Gentlemen, Voting is VERY important, but at this point action is the most important thing for all of us, particularly those of us from Texas.  I strongly recommend each and every one of you call your congressman TODAY and express your views on this issue.  I have tried to remain a thorn in the side of Kay Bailey Hutchinson and John Cornyn, I call, or send a fax daily.  I don't know that it will help, but if enough of us call and/or write it will have some bearing on the issue.

When you communicate with your elected officials, be short, be specific, be courteous, and remind them that you are a voter from their district and their performance will weigh heavily in the way you vote in 2008.

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:28 AM »
Gentlemen, Voting is VERY important, but at this point action is the most important thing for all of us, particularly those of us from Texas.  I strongly recommend each and every one of you call your congressman TODAY and express your views on this issue.  I have tried to remain a thorn in the side of Kay Bailey Hutchinson and John Cornyn, I call, or send a fax daily.  I don't know that it will help, but if enough of us call and/or write it will have some bearing on the issue.

When you communicate with your elected officials, be short, be specific, be courteous, and remind them that you are a voter from their district and their performance will weigh heavily in the way you vote in 2008.

I live in north central Texas. Do you have email addresses for these congressmen? What you say is true.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 12:34:11 PM »
I've sent both my Senators and my lone reprasentative all corrispondence about how I feel on this issue.  We need to close the borders and enforce the laws about hiring illigials.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 04:52:24 PM »
Dee, go to the site and click on "Contact me."   I also recommend you go to NUMBERSUSA and sign up.  It doesn't cost anything (unless you wish to make a donation) and they will keep you informed of progress for, or against a bill.  They will also provide you with a pre-written fax that you sign and they will send free. 

Please remember what I said, brief, courteous, and to the point.  They will not normally respond to personal attacks, long, or rambling letters.

The only problem with NUMBERS USA is they keep me so well informed that I stay ticked off all of the time.  No seriously, some of the stuff they provide will have you shaking your head and saying, Why?

http://cornyn.senate.gov/

http://hutchison.senate.gov/

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 08:05:13 PM »

My congressman knows where I stand...I haven't bothered to write to my two senators..Clinton % schumer..are you kidding ?
   I may as well go out to the kennel and talk to my dog !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline countryrebel8174

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 12:10:22 AM »
well we could invade mexico and make them a state, then theyd ALL have to pay taxes.
they can try and take my guns....but i aint givin' em up until all my shells are gone or i quit breathing.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 02:44:31 AM »
I've been calling and have emailed senator Coleman. His aid says senator Coleman is undecided. Hopefully enough people here in MN are calling and will influence him to vote no. I also told his aid that I have voted for senator Coleman in the past and would not vote for him again if he voted in support of this bill.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 04:56:01 PM »
Evidently your phone calls and e-mails worked.  Late last week, Senators Hutichson and Cornyn, from Texas, were on the fence and about to vote for the bill.  According to the telephone conversation I had with a Cornyn aid this morning, the Senator had so many phone calls and letters opposing the bill that he had changed back to the mode of opposing the bill.

Don't let up now just because we have won a victory, keep those letters going, and call as often as possible letting them know we want nothing short of a secure border and valid plan to rid America of all those here illegally.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 01:23:01 PM »
  Dee;
 Apparently you are correct..many of those hot shots in DC ..MUST think we are stupid..there was a bill passed in the late 80s that gave additional allowances and privileges to the ILLEGALS..

In order to get this bill passed, the honchos in DC promised that the borders would first "be sealed"...

Well, the border busters got all the goodies promised to them...but any promises made to the American people were promptly forgotten..

They LIED to us then..why in the world should we not believe they are LYING to us now !

"Fool me once, shame on you ; fool me twice......."

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 02:00:21 PM »
  It appears our calls and emails have at least stalled this bill. I saw Nasty Piglosi on CNN today. The gall of that contemptuous witch about made me sick. She said that the people calling and emailing on this bill were racist and threatening.  It is sickening that our elected "leaders" think of people calling in and voicing their opinion on a bill as a threat.What the he$% is with her and others like her. We now need to keep calling our elected representatives and insist they enforce the existing laws now. We are being invaded. Where the heck is our fence!

Offline Dee

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 03:04:50 AM »
It truly is amazing how people can acknowledge an out and out lie on one issue, and then totally accept another lie as the absolute truth, from the same government. It would seem obivous that if they lied about one issue, that they were more than capable, and willing to lie on ANY other issue, they so chose.
I believe that personal beliefs, and patriotism sometimes clouds one's vision. It is the only thing I can think of, when obvious facts are ignored.JMO

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 11:22:26 AM »
I think the answer for Nancy is for everyone to sent her an e-mail and let her know just how far off base she is.  Now that we have her on the run, don't let off.

You can bet that all of those that are pro-amnesty are writing to her, this, perhaps, is the reason she has the attitude she does, (course being from Kalifornia likely has some bearing on the issue too.)  I plan to start e-malling her every day just to flood her e-mail, and let her know there are some among us that truly are opposed to the illegal immigrant problem, and wants to see it corrected.

Offline Dee

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007, 01:54:37 PM »
While your at it, why don't you email GW. He's the clown that thinks it's as an great idea as much as Nancy.

Offline Bear Rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »
It has nothing to do with Mexico having problems with border control.  The Mexican government supports the US government, because they want to stay on our good side.  That doesn't mean they are going to do anything to control the border, because that costs them money, plus they have good old US dollars coming back to mexico. 

If you think that the Mexican government supports the US, you are mistaken. They have discovered a perfect, low-tech way of making war, and they are using it. They give active aid and encouragement to these their foreign nationals that choose to cross the border and take up residence here, and they are exploiting the current interpretation of the 14th amendment to change the demographics of the southwest.

Mexico is anything but a friend and supporter of the US.
Flintlock! Anything else is imitation.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 01:02:34 AM »
corbanzo.  Never for a minute believe that Mexico supports the US on immigration, nothing could be further from the truth.  It is a know fact that Mexican government officials "teach" those wishing to cross the border how to do so without being caught.  The Mexican Army uses hi-tech instruments to determine where and when it is safest to cross at a location.  This information is fed directly to the people who organize the trips.   In addition, they print a book, and provide copies to those wishing to cross.  The book provides information on best locations, best times, what to carry with you, what to do if caught, and how to effectively avoid detection.

Mexico has been burdened with prison overcrowding for well over 10 years, thus, a program was started to remove "HARD CORE" prisoners from Mexican jails, and assist them in crossing the border.  One such felon raped a ten year old American girl in Washington state a few years ago, he went to court, was convicted, but released and deported with=in a year.  He stayed over night in Mexico, crossed back into Arizona the next day, and a few days later raped and killed another young American girl. Mexican officials had encouraged him to return to the US.

Yes we do have a major problem, Mexico DOES NOT support us, there is no clear plan to correct the issue, and the fence is a joke.  Initially,  it may hurt this country economically, but the only effective way to correct the situation, and gain control of our borders is tighter border security, a process where the illegals can be processed, identified, and returned immediately without access to an immigration lawyer,  who often delays the deportation for years while WE support the illegal, and his family.  Then move to a  sweep by law enforcement at all levels to round up the illegals currently here and return them to Mexico.  Once the illegals have been eliminated, start an aggressive program to provide a temporary worker ID cards to those who qualify.  Information on the card should be fed into a national data base, and made available to LEO at all levels.   It would not be cheap, it would not be pleasant, but as I see it, short of a war with Mexico, it is the only way we can again gain control of this country.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 01:14:00 AM »
  Get ready for another campaign guys..and the next one may get really nasty.

The elected "representatives of the people"..such a Nasty Piglosi, Lindsey Graham (cracker),  Sen Frankenstein (Ca) and Trot-a-Lott (Ms)..seem to think that we who want to keep America's soverignty intact..are a bunch of bigots, racists, hate mongers etc.

It was "Talk Radio" for the most part, that kept us informed each time they tried to sneak in a "screw-the-voters" measure..

Trent Lott has already complained loudly about our free-speech medium of the air..Now Pelosi and Feinstein are actually talking about re-instituting the already rejected, so-called "Fairness Doctrine"..

The Fairness Doctrine was nothing but a charade enacted in an effort to limit our Constitutional free speech !

As in many other things the liberals do, they give it a label that describes something absolutely contrary to what they actually mean to do..

A "gussied-up" absolute lie !

If the libs actually want "fairness" and "equal time"...let us first see them convincing their buddies in Hollywood, the "Big four" news channels and PBS..to voluntarily show the people how "fairness" and "equal time" work !

In any case, get ready:
        If the Democrats get the power, we can expect an all-out assault on the first article of the Bill of Rights   and they will have allies in the RHINO camp.

Don't say they can't successfully go against the Bill of Rights and free speech !..Look at McCain-Feingold..

Offline magooch

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007, 05:08:15 AM »
Ironglow, sadly, I'm afraid we're going to see things get a lot worse and I'm also afraid it won't be before things get better.  I think we're in a downward spiral when it comes to what's right.  The one small glimmer of light is the present Supreme Court, but how long will that last?

I really try not to be pessimistic about things, but just look at who has gained the reins of power on the Dumbycrat side--it's scary to say the least and there are too many squishicans on the opposition side.

Do we dare hope that someone like Fred Thompson could turns things around?
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2007, 02:16:27 AM »
One can hope !