Author Topic: A Great Day For Rummage Saleing  (Read 526 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
A Great Day For Rummage Saleing
« on: May 18, 2007, 07:42:30 AM »
I found 3 boxes of Winchester 22 Mag for 6 bucks a box One Full Metal Jacket and the other two Jacketed Hollow Point. I went to the gun shop later and priced most of the 2 mag ammo (they were out of Winchester ) at $9.69 and up, so I am happy over this even if my gun does not like it as well as CCI ammo for the price I am not going to complain.

A couple of other odds and ends not worth mentioning but the DEAL of the DAY was a Porkert 3# sausage stuffer that if not new it sure was not used much. Missing the tube for making slim jims and snack sticks but the tube for brats and polish and the summer sausage tube was there. I got it for 15 bucks which is what they had it priced for. I tried for ten and they would not budge and I was not going to argue because I know these are pretty expensive to buy. Came home and looked it up and it was in the 90 dollar range on sale. I have been wanting one of these for a long time as I like to make my own sausage but never could swing the price just to go out and buy one for something I use but not all the time. These are nice to use I have a friend that has one and compared to trying to stuff sausage with a grinder these are really great.

Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline jh45gun

Re: A Great Day For Rummage Saleing
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 07:26:19 AM »
Who else here makes their own sausage? Favortite recipies? Venison?

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 11:52:20 AM »
Well jh45gun, I can't comment on sausage, but I can sure use your topic subject to praise the beauty of a good rummage sale.

Last night my wife and oldest daughter went to the rummage sale of my daughter's co-worker. The sale wasn't scheduled to start until today, but being friends with my daughter, the sale girl let my girls in early for a first pick privilege.

To make a long story short, my girls brought back nearly an entire back seat full of excellent, top brand name, children's cloths that were either almost new or still had the store tags attached, for my youngest daughter (4), for only $31.00.

Now I've never really been one to buy second hand cloths for my kids but in this case we knew the sellers well and they are a very clean bunch and take good care of their belongings, especially their children, so in this case I didn't have a problem. In fact, I was overjoyed because there are easily enough great new cloths that I shouldn't have to buy another stitch of clothing for the little one until well into the Fall when it starts getting cold again.

Don't exactly know why I'm relating this story. Perhaps I'm just overjoyed that I can now buy more guns this summer rather than cloths.  ;D

Anyway, bravo to good rummage sales, bravo to my wife and oldest daughter for coming up with the idea, bravo to my youngest daughter who is well set up with cloths for the summer, and especially bravo to me for getting to save a bunch of money.  ;)

Skunk
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline mark barnes

Re: I love the yard sells
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 06:54:25 AM »
   best find latly,  bushnell sportview spoting scope in the case brand new looking 5.oo dollars.I got a real nice
    baglooks like its for the range[atleast it's going to be a range bag] has wheels on one end  1.o0
    Right when i was walking up to the scope a  lady said to her  freind   should we get the scope  I said ma'am
   you don't want that
! she turned and asked " do you want it?" Yes Ma'amI sure do"  the sweet lady walked off   .Great day of yard smelling

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 09:15:38 AM »
I got this swell new...ummm used steel plate just last weekend For Free ;D
Ought to hold up to the punishment my .45's can dish out for quite a while ;D
I guess that one mans trash really is anothers treasure.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 04:39:21 AM »
Glanceblamm:  Looks interesting what ever it is.  Just be careful.  Last week someone brought something that looks like that out to the range.  Had a nice wooden frame to suspend it from.  First shot ricochet hit a bench about 10 or 12 benches down the line.  Second shot richocet hit a truck behind the shooters benches.  By this time people realise what is happening.  And yelling for him to stop.  Guy is wearing hearing protection and is unaware anything is going on.  Takes third shot, ricochet hits steel roof support post and splatters three people standing nearby.  Someone reached out and tapped him on the shoulder, stopping the flying lead.  Could have gotten real ugly.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 06:20:03 AM »
I will be carefull for sure :o
My range is a private one so I will go solo first. Usually this type is meant to swing on a rod which will deflect the bullet downward. I have known of some cases where a plate suspended by wire would tip up causing a violent ricochett that would clear the berm.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 02:37:51 PM »
Skunk nothing wrong with getting clothes at rummage sales I am a big guy so I do not see clothes my size often but some times I do and I buy them if they are nice looking why not save more money that way for things I really want.

Mark great buy on that spotting scope. Yep ya never know what your going to find at sales. I consider it an other form of hunting. Hunting for bargains.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 04:19:16 PM »
That looks like a target for black powder rifles. Put it out at 50-100 yards and shoot it with soft lead balls. Much less ricochet. Something like that should be at least 50 yards out, and don't use jacketed bullets. The fun of making it ring and jump isn't worth catching a returned slug.